• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlimited Tethering for ZTE Zmax Pro MetroPCS/T-Mobile

Hi guys. Looking for help to do this trick with PS4. On laptop and other devices everything is fine, even on PS4 I can browse websites with high speed, but I can't download any games from PSN, very low speed. I have no ideas what to do, travel a lot and can't have home Internet only hotspot on smartphone. Please help, want to play games so much. Thanks.

Upvote 0
SO i have found that foxify works still with the ZTE Z981 to wifi tether with speeds over 45mbps even after being tether throttled to 50kbs .. the only way i was able to get it to work on windows 10 was to enable proxy use in the foxify settings. Then on my pc on windows 10 setting the proxy settings to the same.. however i use my tethering for gaming and i need to figure out another way due to steam problems. Steam does not allow a proxy .. but the dowload speeds are fantastic ! if only usb tether worked...

Upvote 0
Really good info guys!

My goal is get the speed as I am on my laptop with other devices

I've been using FoxFi for a bit now just the app and PC. Doing research and such. Now I got FoxFi working with my Linksys router with DD WRT on it in repeater bridge. My PC is hooked up through the repeater atm, but is slow without the TTL tweak(netsh int ipv4 set glob defaultcurhoplimit=65) in command promt as admin on Win10 without the anniversary update. Which works fine with the PC. But if I change TTL back to default and test the scripts on the router and do a ping on the PC. I get 64 from localhost and 128 from the router. I would like to get some advice on inputting the right TTL tweak into the router. I've tried using the commands in administration and used this script "iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o 'get_wanface' -j TTL --ttl-set 65" Once I get the right ping from my repeater I will be adding an AP to it

I think this will be helpful if someone can help me out. Read this thread twice now wit what I'm trying to achieve and I think you guys are on the right path. Somestuff makes sense. Not sure why the need for Ultrasurf? What does it do on the PC when its connected to FoxFi? Is it something like FoxFi's "Run Proxy" tab? Where you enable on the other end of the device you're wanting to connect?

Upvote 0
Windows limits the ICS (Internet Connection Sharing to 1 mbps (that would be about 120 K / sec. So that is about right. You have to root your phone and adjust the ttl and use a proxy also. I have a ZTE MAX Pro and I use Windows 10 with Default TTl of 65 and FoxFi With Proxy.. Works fine
Foxfi with proxy on Windows 10 is all you need to do.
My tether speeds from this set up i get the same data speeds Tethered to laptop windows 10 as the zmax pro.
Why mess with ttl?

In Windows settings go to internet then proxy and change proxy address and port to the proxy set by Foxfi, hit save ..Bam..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones