• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlimited wifi vs Unlimited Data

macroid

Mar 4, 2011
Hi all.

I'm considering switching my network provider to 3 who are offering me unlimited data. However the contract O2 have offered me only provides me with 500mb data, and unlimited wi fi. I do heavily use the internet, but my job takes me around the the north and south of England. Does anyone have any experience of an using the unlimited wifi in different areas? I'm assuming that an unlimited data plan would mean I would never have to worry about connecting to a wireless network?

Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Given the choice between the WIFI or unlimited data, I'd say go for unlimited data (provided that you opt for the option from the 3 network that offers unlimited free tethering which is The One Plan).

Reasoning is that if you are relying on WIFI is means finding a compatible WIFI hub which isn't too hard in built up areas but if you're out and about it might be hard to find one which leaves you without Internet. Also watch out whether the WIFI from Orange is truly "unlimited" and does not have an onerous "fair use policy".

By using The One Plan on 3 you can tether whererver you are and it truly is unlimited data transfer. It costs about

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones