• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help unlink/remove duplicate contacts

smfoley1

Android Enthusiast
May 4, 2010
how do I get rid of duplicate contacts? For instance when I go into my contacts some contacts have 2 or more entries in the list while some others have one entry but when I go to say send a text message the contacts number may show up more than once even though they are only listed in contacts once.

how do I get rid of duplicate contacts? For instance when I go into my contacts some contacts have 2 or more entries in the list while some others have one entry but when I go to say send a text message the contacts number may show up more than once even though they are only listed in contacts once.
Go to.... Contacts > Menu (hamburger 3 lines) > Manage contacts... see screenshot

Sdo8Q2Pm.png

From here you can Merge, Delete, duplicate contacts.

(N.B. This information is based on the global, Exynos, model running stock Samsung, unbranded, firmware)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones