• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unlock and reload everything

namu1107

May 20, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Wow, been almost a year since I posted last. Just re rooted a 2nd eris, and I'm glad to be back.

Anyways, my question is this. I am using LP pro, and everything I unlock my screen, EVERYTHING on the page has to reload, which lags up my phone. Is there any way I can stop it from doing that? It just a pain when I want to do something real quick and I have to wait for everything to load on the screen again (meaning my dock bar, my icons, etc).

Wow, been almost a year since I posted last. Just re rooted a 2nd eris, and I'm glad to be back.

Anyways, my question is this. I am using LP pro, and everything I unlock my screen, EVERYTHING on the page has to reload, which lags up my phone. Is there any way I can stop it from doing that? It just a pain when I want to do something real quick and I have to wait for everything to load on the screen again (meaning my dock bar, my icons, etc).

Which ROM are you running?

Upvote 0

Which ROM are you running?

GingerGlass MR2

Try settings->CyanogenMod settings->performance->Lock home in memory. Restart the phone (that may not be necessary, but won't hurt.)

Im also using SetCPU on governers profile... does it make a difference if I use interactive or ondemand?

That won't make a difference in this case. Interactive should give slightly better battery but slightly less performance. Smartass would be better than interactive.

Upvote 0
Do you have a quick explanation on the differences between each of the different options? Gov vs interactive vs on demand vs ?smartass?

Ok, based on the few things that I know:

- ondemand is designed to quickly bring the CPU speed up as active CPU percentage increases, hold the speed high, and bring the speed down to underclock speeds more slowly as CPU demand decreases. So, if CPU goes from 0% to 100%, the clock speed should quickly steup up from your min to your max. If demand falls to 0%, it will more slowly step down from max speed to min speed.

- interactive is more balanced, and tends to step up and step down about equally as CPU percentage increases and decreases

- smartass is a more efficient governor based on interactive. As I recall, one feature is that it sets CPU max to 480 MHz on the Eris with the display off, as one example. This is something that you could also do with interactive with a SetCPU profile; the smartass governor means that you don't need SetCPU to do that.

I could be wrong about some of these details, but I believe that this is close enough.

Upvote 0
I've had the same problem with LP myself using GSB. Locking home in memory and changing the governor doesnt seem to have much of an effect. Maybe messing around with JIT, compcache, or VM heap as well will yield better results. I'm thinking it may just be an LP issue and going back to ADW to see how well that fares.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones