1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unlock code w/buttons??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by becada, Aug 19, 2012.

1. becada

becada Lurker

Not real sure how I ended up with an Android, I could hardly use the little Pantech I had. I have looked thru the FAQ and the android forum and don't see anything about the buttons and no home screen. I have an HTC Inspire 4g that I have had for awhile and my granddaughter was using it because I just don't know much about it. Anyway, the point of my thread is she has locked it and I can't make any calls or text but I can receive calls. When I turn it on, I get the screen with the 9 "buttons" that says draw pattern to unlock. I don't get the home screen or any other screen, just those 9 buttons, well, and emergency calls. I did a google search trying to find how to undo this but none of the directions show this screen. I did find out that but can't make any calls. Thanks in advance for any help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. GuMbO2008

GuMbO2008 Newbie

Your granddaughter could have possibly accidentally put a password on the phone. If it says draw a pattern to unlock, you or your grand daughter has to draw the pattern that was drawn to create the password. Without this pattern you can not unlock the phone. You will only be able to receive phone calls but you can't make any.

becada likes this.
  3. becada

becada Lurker

That is what I was so afraid of. Since I couldn't find anything, anywhere about those pesky 9 buttons. Do you have any idea how many times we can try different combinations before the phone is totally useless? Probably should take it back to at&t and see if they can help. I do so appreciate you taking the time to post. Thanks

4. GuMbO2008

GuMbO2008 Newbie

There could be a million ways to create a pattern. i would say take it back to AT&T and see if they can do a full master reset. If they do this master reset you will lose everything, phone numbers, pictures, apps, etc. I would probably do this because of the fact that if you can't get past the unlock screen then you basically cant access any of your saved stuff on the phone. If you want to save a phone that you paid for this might be your only choice of doing.