• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unlock Direction in ROMs

So I've been using Aloysius Snow ROM (which I like very much) - and one of the things I like is that to unlock the screen I have to swipe from left to right (and, even better, if I swipe the other direction, I can toggle sound off and sound on - fast way to mute/unmute!). I was thinking of trying a different ROM, just for the heck of it, but I very much do not want to go with a ROM that requires a top to bottom unlock swipe.

The question, therefore, is - which direction does which ROM require for unlocking?

Sorry if this is totally weird - but I'm curious. :p

All of the Froyo ROMs I have used - Kaos, Nonsensikal and CELB - are the Nexus One lockscreen (swipe left to right to unlock, swipe right to left to change sound profile.) I suspect Tazz does as well. The Vanilla ROM by Tenzo and Zach is that one as well. If the ROM is AOSP/Vanilla, it will probably be using that lockscreen.

The ones built from the HTC frameworks - the xtr series, PlainJane, for example - use the HTC drag down unlock.

Reactions: mhseris
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones