• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

unlock Hero fom T-Mobile to O2: URGENT!

pounana

Lurker
Dec 30, 2009
Bought a 2nd hand hero (tmobile). Unlocked it with HTC SIM Unlock codes HTC Remote Unlock HTC Unlocking HTC SIM-Unlock | Unlock-Now.com and put my O2 sim card in... and nothing. Have tried with my prepay O2 card, PAYG O2, 3 and T-mobile cards and only the T-mobile one works.

Flashed it with various different ROMs but each time I get no service; when I go to \mobile network settings\network settings\search networks I can see O2-UK but when I select it I get "your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network" (although it works in my Touch 3G).

BUGGER! have looked everywhere, but for the life of me I can't find a fix for this.

Would really appreciate any suggestions; my Touch 3g is very flaky and I need a reliable phone asap- live deep in the country and wife about to have a baby!

Firmware version 2.1
Kernel version 2.6.29-8d063048
Baseband version 63.18.55.06ju_6.35.09.26
Build number 2091203 hero_generic_wwe
Software version hero21-community-1.7

G2 Touch/T-mobile splash screen on boot up
Running HERO21-1.7-Community-signed ROM

Hi,

im having the exact same problem. Bought t-mobile hero, unlocked with unlocknow.com to use with o2 sim. Everything worked fine for about 3 weeks untill i turned the phone off overnight. Then it wouldnt connect to network. Thought it was the sim so i have bought a new one (o2), still wont connect to o2. "your sim card will not connect to this network" or something like that. Looked everywhere and cant find a fix. If you ifnd one can you please let me know

Upvote 0
It might be worth considering that these phones have been reported stolen and switched off permanently by the network provider always a risk when buying a phone from eBay and the like although it has been posted before that networks such as Orange are going to extra lengths to retain units on their network certainly this has been the case with the most recent Hero's where the process of rooting the phone is the only way it can be done!

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply. i thought about that last night and so did a check mend report and so it was.... the phone has been reported lost or stolen. Thankfully i am covered with paypal and have raised a dispute with the seller.

just goes to show when you buy off ebay your taking a chance.

Atlleast it still works with wifi and i can still download apps. With a bit of luck i will be able to keep the handset and get a refund :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice; also went to checkmend.com and turns out it was reported lost/stolen... can't believe I never came across that website before; awesome service.

The sms confirmation was enough for the shop I bought it from to take it back and give me a full refund.

Thanks for the advice.

Learned a lot about flashing radios and roms in android on the way, though...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones