1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root [UNLOCK] LG L70 Bootloader Unlock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MikeHoncho, Aug 4, 2014.

1. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Android Enthusiast

This is the method I used to unlock the bootloader of the LG L70 on MetroPCS. This has worked for me and will work for you if you follow the instructions and read this guide :)

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that may happen when unlocking your bootloader. Your device = Your responsibility.

Credits: junkie2100, PlayfulGod, LoneStar, Cheetopocalypse, bobdamnit, BlastGT1, jonhaney, daddyof3_101, biggiephil (sorry if I forgot someone).

Big thanks to LaDY Vengeance at XDA for the original method on the L90

What you need:

Windows users, you need fastboot and adb installed. All of which is included in the zip for part 1. Linux users, same for you, I have included the adb and fastboot binary but I had a problem with the adb not working in the package, might be something I edited in the shell script so install adb in your bin directory (I can help if needed).

NOTE: Must have busybox installed on your device, have USB debugging enabled, and the phone plugged in and set as charge only.

Part 1:

Windows Users

1. Download the bootloader.zip and extract it to your Desktop.
    Mirror link: HERE

2. Open the bootloader folder and press shift + right click, select "Open Command Window here".

3. In command prompt, type:
    Code (Text):
    1. laf_script.bat
    (Hit enter and the first step will start)

Be sure to pay attention to the command window to make sure you are not having any problems. That is it for part 1, go to part 2 :)

Linux Users

1. Download the bootloader.zip and extract it to your Desktop
    Mirror link: HERE

2. Open terminal with ctrl + alt + t and cd to the folders directory.
    Code (Text):
    1. cd ~/Desktop/bootloader_unlock_part1
    3. In the folder, right click the laf_script_linux.sh file, go to properties, and allow the file to execute as program.

4. Now in terminal, type:
    Code (Text):
    1. ./laf_script_linux.sh
    Done with part 1, pay attention to the terminal and be sure everything is working correctly.[/align]

Windows and Linux users, if you had everything setup correctly before running this, you should have a backup of the laf.img in the directory you ran the script from. If you have checked your script directory and your adb directory located on the C drive for windows (If you didn't use the ones I included) and you still don't have a backup of the laf partition, hastebin the output of terminal or command prompt and link me to it.

Part 2:

Windows and Linux Users

1. Power off your device

2. With the device powered off, plug in your usb to your computer, power on and hold volume up until in fastboot mode. If your phone boots to download mode then something didn't work right, be sure you followed every instruction in part 1.

3. Open Command prompt or terminal and cd to the same directory as your scripts, once there, type:
    Code (Text):
    1. fastboot devices
    (Hit enter)
    Be sure that your device is listed, it should be random numbers. If it is not listed, you may need to install THIS and try fastboot devices again.
    Code (Text):
    1. fastboot oem unlock
    4. Verify that your bootloader is indeed unlocked:
    Code (Text):
    1. fastboot oem device-info
    That is it, you are now unlocked ;) Keep in mind that download mode is now gone, so if your brick then fastboot is your only option. If you would like to restore download mode as soon as you unlock your device, you can do this:

cd to the directory where your backup of the laf partition is
    Code (Text):
    1. cd ~/Desktop/bootloader_unlock_part1
    Push the img to your sdcard
    Code (Text):
    1. adb push laf.img /sdcard/
    Use adb shell & su
    Code (Text):
    1. adb shell
    Code (Text):
    1. su
    Overwrite the zeroed out partition
    Code (Text):
    1. dd if=/sdcard/laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf
    Done, hope y'all enjoy this.

Entering fastboot (download mode) for D321 users:

Thanks to Spz0 for pointing out that there is a difference upon entering fastboot on other variants, here are his instructions:

Advertisement

2. Best Answer:
    Post #127 by stillegit33, Jan 2, 2015 (1 points)
  3. biggiephil

biggiephil Android Enthusiast

Confirmed working for windows. :) Awesome, descriptive guide Mike ;)

4. MikeHoncho

Thanks phil :) I will add the generic fastboot drivers for windows in case someone needs them

nehukoud and biggiephil like this.
  5. biggiephil

biggiephil Android Enthusiast

Definitely a MUST need :)

6. Georgi121270

Georgi121270 Lurker

Hi!
    Will this method work on LG - D320n ?

7. MikeHoncho

Not 100% sure, you could try it and see if it does, just remember that I am not responsible for anything that can happen to your device ;)

Edit: It has been confirmed to work with the D325 variant but that is different than the model you posted

8. bart2201

bart2201 Android Enthusiast

This is great news if it does indeed work.

I know that developers will be using this to cook up some nice and devious roms for us. What if anything should an average user like myself be concerned with right now?

Should we try and unlock our bootloader or wait until you devs get things rolling with this, I wouldn't know what to do if I did get it unlocked unless someone tells me

9. MikeHoncho

Go ahead and unlock it, I have been unlocked for 2 and a half days ;) Just be sure you restore your laf partition with the one that the script saves to your computer. Instructions for that are at the bottom of the guide but only do it after you finish both parts of the guide. I am testing CWM and will release it if there are no bugs/flaws. Development has officially started on this device :)

JesseKnows and bart2201 like this.
  10. What if u got no computer to unlock the bootloader how we suppose to install cwm or twrp and philz recovery

11. MikeHoncho

Sorry but you HAVE to use a computer to unlock the bootloader :( Wouldn't have fastboot without one to unlock it. I hope you get your situation figured out so you can join in on the fun.

12. JerrysKids

JerrysKids Well-Known Member

which fastboot and adb should be installed from the market?

13. MikeHoncho

You don't install it from the market, you have to have it installed on your computer

14. I wish your can make a apk to unlock the bootloader but i see if i can get to a computer today

15. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

You don't install fastboot or adb, they are programs that only run on your computer and are required to be run on a computer while phone is connected with a USB cable.

16. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

There wouldn't be a way to do that since it requires you to have to reboot using a button combo instead of a command line. Could make an app to backup/restore and zero out the laf partition, but that's about it.

17. What roms we having i love cm and liquidsmooth

18. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

Lol, already junmping the gun. No ROMs yet, but since the bootloader is unlockable there will be more dev love for this device than other devices :D

Easier to work with an unlocked phone than a locked one :smokingsomb:

mobclan and MikeHoncho like this.
  19. MikeHoncho

Yep :)

20. Thanks people can wait cheers for the team

21. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

So I guess we need an unbrick/unroot guide? I can only imagine the chaos people will cause to their phones running around with a unlocked bootloader like "we can do anything we want to our phones now". It just means you're able to cause more damage to your phone than before if you install the wrong stuff like ROMs/kernels/recoveries made for other devices.

Guys, do not use ROM Manager (yet). When there is a working recovery made, I'm pretty sure PlayfulGod will get koush to add support for this phone. Till then don't use it.

tonylc74 likes this.
  22. MikeHoncho

This is a working recovery lol. Just not a touch recovery ;)

Edit: not in this thread but the other

23. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

Oh, did not see :eek:

Well that was fast haha.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  24. i post a guide to unroot the phone with firmeware

25. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

Where is it? I will stick it.
    Edit: nvm, I see it. Um those links are actually linking to files I uploaded >.> I'm kind of annoyed I get no credit from those sites now.

Any organization needs in this forum, feel free to PM me :)

26. Georgi121270

Georgi121270 Lurker

Guys how different are MS 323 and D 320n, except branding?
    The reason i'm asking it is, because i want to know can i apply bootloader unlock and CWM recovery on my D320n ?

27. stillegit33

stillegit33 Lurker

yes I do.

Tags: