• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UNLOCK] LG L70 Bootloader Unlock

This is the method I used to unlock the bootloader of the LG L70 on MetroPCS. This has worked for me and will work for you if you follow the instructions and read this guide :)
Hey man, I successfully unlocked the boot loader but when I try to reboot into recovery I get a pink error screen, does it have anything to do with the laf partition?

I flashed TWRP and also tried CWM, did it manually without errors on the console and also did it using Flashify but I always get the pink screen if I reboot into recovery.

The cell phone still boots normally in Download Mode and into stock Android.

Any help on this is much appreciated.
Thanks

mqdefault.jpg

Reactions: Marko30
Upvote 0
I've made a tutorial to help other folks that might have been experiencing the same pink error screen.
You can download the required files from here or from the thread itself.

Code:
Thanks to leanderson28 for helping me out with the "pink screen of death...".

Fix Pink Screen of Death (Will install CWM):
==========================================================================================
1-Install the LG Drivers (Google LGMobileDriver_WHQL_Ver_4.0.4.exe).
2-Turn the phone on.
3-Turn ON USB Debugging (Google "How to enable USB debugging on Android").
4-Plug the phone to the computer.
5-If you get a message on the phone to trust the computer accept it.
6-Open the command prompt and navigate to the folder where the CWM files are.
7-Run the commands bellow, one line at the time:

adb push aboot.bin /sdcard/aboot.bin
adb push stockrecoverymod.img /sdcard/stockrecoverymod.img
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 of=/sdcard/abootorg.bin
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 of=/sdcard/recoveryorg.img
dd if=/sdcard/aboot.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6
dd if=/sdcard/stockrecoverymod.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17
reboot recovery

Installing TWRP
==========================================================================================
1) Google twrp-2.8.7.0-20150821-w5.img and download it (or a newer version).
2) Boot in fastboot mode.
3) From the command prompt in the same folder as where you saved the recovery image run: fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.7.0-20150821-w5.img

Fix No Signal on Android 6.0:
Use the aboot.bin file supplied with this tutorial or download "aboot-d325-douglas688.bin" from https://www.mediafire.com/folder/g5uca0qitfnz2/D325. If you decide to download the file then you must rename it from "aboot-d325-douglas688.bin" to just "aboot.bin".

1-Open command prompt and navigate to the folder where the aboot.bin file is located.
2-Start the phone in FastBoot mode. How: a) turn the phone off. b) hold volume up. c) plug the usb cable.
3-Run the following command: fastboot flash aboot aboot.bin
4-Run the following command: fastboot reboot
5-Phone will reboot and there should be celular signal.

Attachments

• CWM-Signal.zip
    10 MB · Views: 581
Last edited:
Reactions: guailirom
Upvote 0
i was trying to flash my realm's (they say l70 and it are pretty much the same) rerecovery and used an incompatible recovery. i originally had twrp and that was working fine. but i had problems trying to flash another rom and tried to switch over to cwm. now it's looping with a verification error. the phone won't boot other than into the error. i can't boot into recovery. i've tried factory reset. the screen comes up for like 2 seconds then the phone reboots to the looping error. i previously unlocked bootloader and am now trying to restore it so that i can try flashing from the computer. i'm able to get it to fastboot but the command prompt says device not found. but when i do the fastboot devices, fastboot oem unlock, and fastboot oem device-info checks, they see my device and even lists my device (with the random numbers and fastboot after it.) i don't understand what the problem is. i should also mention that the phone doesn't show up in my computer's device manager. i've installed the correct drivers but still nothing.

fastboot.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, friends, a flippin' D325 got the best of me. I spent exactly 2 hours and 34 minutes runing the laf script from the video and restoring the laf partition with multitool. Every time I succeed with the laf script and boot into fastboot(exactly how it says in the video) the device ends up on the black screen with DOWNLOAD MODE and some error about allocating memory for ssd buffer(or something like that). Running any fastboot command on my laptop ends up "waiting for device". That's it. Then comes the restoration of the laf partition(can't stop laffing), reinstalling the usb driver and repeating the procedure.
Have I done something wrong? I mean everything goes exactly by the books untill the "boot to fastboot mode" step where I can't execute(or rather successfully complete) the oem unlock command.
With great sorrow I reflashed the stock V10D firmware... poor thing barely manages to install simple stuff like messenger because it's too busy calculating bloatware sizes and remaining free space...

Upvote 0
Hy, no backup of the laf partition on script directory.
Terminal output:
debianita@debian:~/bootloader_unlock_part1$ ./laf_script_linux.sh
================================================================================
laf partition script by
========================= Android Addict and junkie2100 ==========================
Make sure that USB Debugging is enabled, all drivers are installed, and that usb
Internet Connection is selected in usb mode
================================= Disclaimer ===================================
I am not responsible for anything that may or may not happen to your phone. By
selecting any choice you are accepting your own fate!!!!!!
================================ Other credits =================================
Android Addict, junkie2100, Cheetopocalypse, biggiephil, bobdamnit, LoneStar, and PlayfulGod.
================================================================================
[*] Moving laf.img to sdcard/Download folder

./laf_script_linux.sh: line 48: adb: no s'ha trobat l'ordre

[*] Moving laf.img to computer just in case

./laf_script_linux.sh: line 52: adb: no s'ha trobat l'ordre

[*] Now going to zero out laf partition

./laf_script_linux.sh: line 56: adb: no s'ha trobat l'ordre
[*] laf partition complete!!!

[*] Proceed to part 2 of my guide now!!!

laf partition script
========By: Android Addict, junkie2100, Cheetopocalypse, biggiephil, bobdamnit, LoneStar, and PlayfulGod========

Hope you enjoyed this! If you would like to
donate, follow the link in my signature!
debianita@debian:~/bootloader_unlock_part1$
Thanks!

Upvote 0
You gotta say to the phone in much detail how much you love it, then and only then will your device love you back and never brick on you :dancing: :rolleyes: ;)

You should do the last part because people have been somehow unable to restore download mode.

You will know that it is restored when download mode looks different next time you boot into it.

After restoring the laf partition, you should be able to run:
Code:
fastboot continue
and it should boot into download mode.

If it shows an error, reboot into fastboot again, run:
Code:
fastboot erase laf
fastboot flash laf laf.img
fastboot continue

If it still doesn't work post here please.

i try ro back to download mode eith this metode but the result is bad.
using another methodes, by laf recovery partition and on teh firs page way, but shown error device not found.
so help me

Upvote 0
Hi, im totally noob here...

HELP!

I have a problem unlocking my bootloader in the command wen i poaste the command: "laf_script.bat" appears:

error: device offline

what should i do?

upload_2016-3-25_22-3-44.png

And after wen i boot in fastboot mode appears the "Fimware Update"

Like this device:

LG-G2-DownloadMode.jpg

(I have installed the LG PC Suite, and enabled the usb debugging)

(My device its the d320f8 and i have windows xp)

PLEASE RESPOND

EDIT:

NOW APPEARS:

[-] Unallowed User.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey man, I successfully unlocked the boot loader but when I try to reboot into recovery I get a pink error screen, does it have anything to do with the laf partition?

I flashed TWRP and also tried CWM, did it manually without errors on the console and also did it using Flashify but I always get the pink screen if I reboot into recovery.

The cell phone still boots normally in Download Mode and into stock Android.

Any help on this is much appreciated.
Thanks

mqdefault.jpg

Same here. Have You ever found a solution for this DBI Err Fatal! ?

Upvote 0
here's what I did, be careful, I'm not responsible for bricking your phone.
  1. Root
  2. Unlock Boot Loader
  3. Download CWM: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8gB1seJ6JPUV2tXYUhJS1JtZTQ
  4. Start the phone normally.
  5. Enable USB Debugging on the phone.
  6. Install LG Drivers.
  7. Plug the phone to the computer.
  8. Unpack CWM into a folder.
  9. Browse to that folder using the command line.
  10. Run the commands bellow.
Code:
adb shell
su
reboot recovery

Credits to leanderson28 and grupoandroid.

Reactions: Marko30
Upvote 0
  1. Root
  2. Unlock Boot Loader
  6. Install LG Drivers.
Code:
adb shell
su
reboot recovery

Guys, the solution is all over this forum and quoted many times ;) Try flashing a proper aboot for your device.

http://androidforums.com/threads/dump-all-variants-aboot-files-and-how-to-flash.918174/

Upvote 0
  1. Root
  2. Unlock Boot Loader
  6. Install LG Drivers.
Code:
adb shell
su
reboot recovery

Hmm. I have already tried this, but when I execute this command: dd if=/sdcard/aboot.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6, I get /sdcard/aboot.bin: cannot open for read: No such file or directory

Upvote 0
Hmm. I have already tried this, but when I execute this command: dd if=/sdcard/aboot.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6, I get /sdcard/aboot.bin: cannot open for read: No such file or directory

This error is probably shown because you have not placed your aboot in the phone's internal memory or haven't used this command first: adb push aboot.bin /sdcard/aboot.bin

But, nonetheless, this aforesaid method is for D32oN and replaces recovery as well, which is not required if you already have the TWRP.
If you want to fix a purple screen, try this well known method:
http://androidforums.com/threads/dump-all-variants-aboot-files-and-how-to-flash.918174/

Upvote 0
Hello, I am running into a problem here.
Everything seemed to work and I was able to boot into fastboot mode, I unlocked the bootloader and it said that it was unlocked. But then I tried to flash a recovery using fastboot, and now everytime I boot into recovery I get the demigod crash handler, it sais something like err fatal: entering ram dump mode after displaying:boot certification verify errror.
So I think the bootloader didn't fully unlock or something? Please help me out here, when I tried to flash a custom ROM (all using fastboot) it did the same. Thanks it advance!

EDIT: I figured it out, I had to use adb, fastboot didn't work for this :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones