• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlock phone with Menu or track ball?

texas83

Aug 17, 2010
I was using CM6 and it had an option that i could unlock the phone by double pressing the menu button or by pressing the trackball. Now I am back to Darchdroid v2.8 because i like it way better than froyo, but the only way to unlock the phone is by sliding the screen icon.

Is there a way to re-enable that menu/trackball way of unlocking the phone? I am using launcherpro 8.1 as home screen, not sure if that makes a difference. Thanks guys!

I don't believe so without a 3rd party SW, I am on AOSP and I also have the slide lock and same way to turn it off, you can download from the market an app called No Lock, that will disable you lockscreen, another one that is customizable is a program called Screen Suite, other than that I was not able to find any way to edit the lock screen.

I was using CM6 and it had an option that i could unlock the phone by double pressing the menu button or by pressing the trackball. Now I am back to Darchdroid v2.8 because i like it way better than froyo, but the only way to unlock the phone is by sliding the screen icon.

Is there a way to re-enable that menu/trackball way of unlocking the phone? I am using launcherpro 8.1 as home screen, not sure if that makes a difference. Thanks guys!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones