1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unlock phone with PIN command

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jipr1217, Feb 4, 2016.

1. jipr1217

jipr1217 Lurker

Is it possible to unlock the Droid Ultra in hands free (driving) mode by speaking PIN? In the Touchless Control settings I have the check box for 'Allow saying PIN to unlock phone using voice commands' checked, yet it does not work as proposed.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

Touchless control is different from the assist app driving mode, unfortunately. However, I'd think you could try saying "ok Google now" and see if pin unlock works; and give commands that way, rather than accepting the offer to reply to text messages from the assist app.

I do believe there was a time when this worked, though, shortly after the phone was released.

3. jipr1217

jipr1217 Lurker

Thanks. "ok Google now" works but then it replies that it cannot perform the command/request because the phone is locked. What is the actual difference between Touchless control and the assist app driving mode?

4. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

They're two different apps/services. You can turn one off and still have the other work.

I never use touchless control but I recall reading that speak pin to unlock is broken. I could be wrong about that, but too bad if it is.

5. jipr1217

jipr1217 Lurker

6. jipr1217

jipr1217 Lurker

Got it. Thanks for the info!

Motorola Droid Ultra Forum

The Motorola Droid Ultra release date was August 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 10MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2130mAh battery.

August 2013
Release Date
Reviews