• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help unlock screen bug?

Is anyone having issues with the pattern unlock screen?

I will randomly try to put my pattern into the phone and it will highlight the first button i touch and say wrong pattern, even though my finger made solid contact with the screen without lifting it while inputing the 4 dot pattern.

Sometimes it will even do a rapid 4 wrong pattern inputs when sliding your finger across the 4 dots. As if the phone thought I was tapping each of the 4 dots in my pattern. Ive found that when it does this, you have to turn the screen off, and back on, then wait 10 seconds before trying to input pattern again for it to actually recognize the sliding motion.

Is anyone having issues with the pattern unlock screen?

I will randomly try to put my pattern into the phone and it will highlight the first button i touch and say wrong pattern, even though my finger made solid contact with the screen without lifting it while inputing the 4 dot pattern.

Sometimes it will even do a rapid 4 wrong pattern inputs when sliding your finger across the 4 dots. As if the phone thought I was tapping each of the 4 dots in my pattern. Ive found that when it does this, you have to turn the screen off, and back on, then wait 10 seconds before trying to input pattern again for it to actually recognize the sliding motion.

Are you holding the phone when this happens or is it resting on something? Sounds like it could be the screen grounding issue...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones