1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

unlock screen doesn't appear any more.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tommyj192, Jan 18, 2014.

1. tommyj192

tommyj192 Lurker
    None

Jan 18, 2014
    Male
    Retired
    I bought my Coby Kyros 7034 tablet on eBay and I'm just now learning how to use it. I have NO owners manual, so I'm kindof flying blind a lot of the time. I bought two of these tablets to use as WiFi throttles on my HO gauge model railroad. For that' they work perfectly. But in playing around with them, I found out how much more you can do with them. One problem I have with one of them is that it used to boot to a screen lock that you could use your thumb to slide a lock icon over to an unlock icon. But now for some reason it no longer locks like it used to. It just boots to the desktop. In the settings area, under Security, I have the option "Slide" selected as the unlock motion, but the lock screen now never appears.

Can anyone tell me why the lock screen doesn't appear any more?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hi tommyj192. Using your tablets with your trains is a cool use that I've not heard of. Sweet! I don't know what might be wrong with your screen lock. Is it the same for both tablets? We do have some discussion ares for the Coby tablets. I see that we don't have an area for your specific model. You might check into the other Coby areas to see if anyone has reported a similar problem with a fix. Those areas can be found in this list: Android Tablets & MIDs - Android Forums
    You will also find a general tablet discussion area where you might look for answers. I hope you find an answer. Thanks for joining and using these forums. Have fun....

tommyj192 likes this.
  3. tommyj192

tommyj192 Lurker
    None

Jan 18, 2014
    Male
    Retired
    Thanks olbriar, for the info. I'll check it out. FYI, the tablets are used for the locomotive throttles instead of having a tethered, (wired) throttle. I use the JMRI Java Model Railroad Interface system with a computer, and the tablets can talk to the computer and ultimately the digital command station for the trains. The tablets are loaded with an app called EngineDriver.apk. When the software on the computer opens the WiFi Throttle application, the tablets immediately respond to the WiFi scan, and the then show all the locomotives that can be run on the layout. You just select a locomotive and press the acquire button, and it's yours to command.

Anyway, that's probably more information than you need, (or even want). So thanks again for the response.

Tommyj192 . . . :)

4. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Not at all tommyj. I think that's cool. I have a radio controlled car that has a wifi interface with android. It's fun to control from the phone. Thanks for sharing.

tommyj192 likes this.