• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help unlock screen slide left to take a picture

InGearX

Android Enthusiast
Aug 1, 2011
my friend has the new Motorola Razr

and her unlock screen gives an option to slide right (like we all have to unlock) and slide right - NEW - to activate a camera

benchmark+score+of+motorola+droid+razr.jpg

what gives?

how can I get that?

thank you...

I wonder if the rumor I heard a while back that Google is going to force the phone manufacturers to stop adding their skins to the platform, is true or not. I'm a firm beleiver of 1/2 of what you see, nothing of what you hear, just haven't heard anything since then.
I think it'd suck to remove motoblur and sense from the platform, they add variety.

Upvote 0
We could probably get this once Hash smooths over ICS. I had it up and running a bit tonight and it is slick. But with no hard B key or a camera as well as a few other things, I'm sticking with Liberty. Which, as I type in a stream of consciousness, Liberty ROM allows you to change the stock lock screen and I believe you can do apps and what not on it. I'd suggest Liberty as the different lock screens aren't additional apps, but just the system.

Upvote 0
I wonder if the rumor I heard a while back that Google is going to force the phone manufacturers to stop adding their skins to the platform, is true or not. I'm a firm beleiver of 1/2 of what you see, nothing of what you hear, just haven't heard anything since then.
I think it'd suck to remove motoblur and sense from the platform, they add variety.

I agree. I always thought the 'fragmentation' argument against Android was bogus. Dreamed up by marketers who were looking to scare potential buyers away from one platform and direct them to one where everything is the same ... all the time. So much for thinking different ;)

The only thing I'd like to see Google (or the FCC, FTC, etc) do is to pressure carriers into making their apps uninstallable by the user without needing root. Personally I'm not crazy about Blur, Sense, TouchWiz etc. which is why I put ADW EX on every phone right away.

Upvote 0
As I have predicted earlier, ICS come out with more new "generic-nature" apps that will make most current "generic-nature" third party apps redundant.

As it should. Android should be as complete as it can possibly be without the need of Third party applications/skins/launchers. Will it ever get to that point? Doubtful, but Google should still try.

I think Sense, Blur, Touchwiz, whatever should be optional. If you want vanilla Android, you should be able to get it.

Reactions: Crashdamage
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones