1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Unlock screen without the damn power button?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by itsgreat2bme, Jul 15, 2011.

1. itsgreat2bme

itsgreat2bme Lurker
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    I've searched around a bit but have not been able to find an app to do what I want. All I want is to be able to unlock the phone by touching the screen (I have an HTC incredible S). The power button is so small and awkward to press when you are used to just tapping the screen to wake a phone up.

Failing the touchscreen-to-wake option, can I delay the locking from happening? I obviously want the screen to dim to save battery power, but I hate having to unlock it to check every text message during a conversation. If it locks after, say, an hour, that's fine. But not locking as soon as the screen dims.

Advertisement

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    Your idea about touch the screen to wake will not work with a capacitive touchscreen, if you had a resistive touchscreen that would be different, but you would have to set the screen to never timeout to touch to wake which would hurt your battery life a lot. I would suggest getting an app called widget locker from the market, you can set easy wake where you can use any hardware button press to wake up the phone.

Widget locker would also help your unlock to get a text as you can put shortcuts on the lock screen and you can set it where you can pull down the notification bar while locked and then enter the text messaging app by pressing the notification.

3. itsgreat2bme

itsgreat2bme Lurker
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    Yeah I had a blackberry storm before, so you had to actually click the screen to wake it.

Does the widget locker app let you delay the time it takes to lock the screen? Like I said I want it to go dim, but not actually lock up right away if that's possible. I just got this phone today so everything is still pretty new to me. :)

4. amlothi

amlothi Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Yes, WL can delay the lock.

5. zerosicks

zerosicks Lurker
    None

Dec 22, 2011
    try using this app called "Tap Tap App". It's free on the android market. Found it on some other forum. It's pretty nice. Except for the unlock thingy where the double tap does not work well.

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    I would suggest getting, widgetlocker AND missed it! from market. What I do is I put missed it! on widgetlocker, so when the screen lights up for an SMS/email alert, missed it shows "i unread message", and I tap that right on the lockscreen and it opens up the conversation.