• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help unlock screen

klparent67

Lurker
May 5, 2011
i have a motorola droid. i have the slid lock screen and wanted to change it to the pattern unlock. I have now both unlock screens on my phone. I have to slid the unlock screen and then do the pattern. How do i get rid of one or the other. I have tried everything, The pattern is not checked so i thought it would take care of it. Can someone help me get rid of one or the other just dont feel i need both

Welcome to the forums! I moved your post to the Support and Troubleshooting area. Do you have a Droid, or Droid X? I'm not sure we understand your question. You should be able to uncheck the pattern unlock and have it go away, I believe. Perhaps you need to reboot the phone for it to take effect? Let us know.

Upvote 0
On the Droid X, after Froyo, you can't do the pattern unlock without first doing the slide unlock. If you want to take the pattern unlock back off your phone, you have to first go to Settings, Location & Security and tap on Change Screen Lock. Draw your pattern, then select None and that should put you back to only having the slide unlock. Just unchecking the use visible pattern check box only won't take it off. The only way I know of to disable the swipe unlock and have only the pattern unlock is by using an app called AntiLock. It has a No Lock Mode (neither swipe or pattern unlock) and it has a Skip Lock Mode (pattern unlock only). It's kind of buggy though because it flashes the swipe unlock screen momentarily and then changes on its own to the pattern unlock screen. Also, if you should happen to put your pattern in incorrectly, then it reverts back to the swipe unlock screen and then you have to do both the swipe and pattern unlocks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones