1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unlock SGS2 (at&t) for another countries?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nikatab, Dec 27, 2011.

1. nikatab

nikatab Lurker

Hi!
    I have Samsung Galaxy SII (at&t), but I am in Bulgaria and I want to use it here. It works with bulgarian sim, but when I call somebody my mic does not work! I have a problem with the buttons too. The first two buttons (from left to right) works, but the home button (the second one) works like back botton. The second two buttons are not working (the back one and the search one).
    My question is what can I do to fix it? And how to uodate the firmware?
    Thak you in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Android Expert

the wrong kernel & rom was flashed on that phone. Sounds like a 9100 kernel & rom was flashed, which does not work. You'll need to revert it back to stock to fix those issues.

3. (G)

(G) Android Expert

Let me ask a follow up, though: I've got an AT&T S2. If I were to travel to Europe, can I purchase a SIM card there, exchange it for the one in the phone, and will the phone then be usable?

4. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Android Expert

only if the phone is unlocked. If the phone is not carrier unlocked, another SIM will not work

(G) likes this.
  5. SparklingKijo

SparklingKijo Lurker

How do you go about unlocking the carrier for the ATT S2? I'm going to Europe in the summer (maybe) and really would like to use this phone but on a local network...

Thanks!

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews