1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unlock simm card?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

Hi,

There's an option on my My Verizon on the web with a code to unlock the simm card. Can someone tell me what this does on a non international 4g phone like the Gnex. tia.

Steven

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

It will allow you to use it internationally. I had a talk with that VZW department before sim cards, incipio windows phone IIRC. Unlock and you can either use your phone on an "international VZW plan" or just pickup a local prepaid card. Should be the same with a VZW SGN, but call that department to check before traveling.

3. xliderider

xliderider Android Expert

So not much use since there are no GSM radios in this device + Verizon's high international fees.

4. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

Not much use to people land locked. I could care less.

You are right, no gsm radios in the VZW version, but if you are a good customer VZW might allow an unlock to use on a native carrier overseas.

Could also reverse it all... no LTE radios in the uber slow GSM versions! :D:D:D:D

5. xliderider

xliderider Android Expert

Yeah, I guess if it were unlocked, then one could purchase a prepaid sim card and use it with a local international carrier, if you can find one that uses our North American CDMA frequencies.

6. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

Yeah, the lack of LTE in 3rd world countries would be a pain. Why would you even consider a SGN if you are all over the globe, and without LTE speeds? See what I'm saying there? A reply is not necessary :D:D

7. DucatiDude

DucatiDude Well-Known Member

Steven, where did you find this option on the MyVerizon web page. I don't see it. Thanks.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews