1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unlock the bootloader ??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheLGFan, Sep 20, 2015.

1. TheLGFan

TheLGFan Newbie

Hey guys ,
    i want to know how to unlock the bootloader of the lg g stylo. I am on lollipop 5.0.2 but the bootloader is locked. Please help me because i really want to root it, but it doesn't worked till yet. I tried Kingroot , the LG One Click Root tool which is in this forum. The LG One Click Root tool didn't work because it doesn't run the Super Su Script. Please help me. I really want to get my phone rooted

Advertisement

2. whoshotjr2006

whoshotjr2006 Android Enthusiast

We would love to know how to unlock the bootloader too lol.

First things first though, provide us details on which carrier your on, so we can form a better game plan for getting you to 5.1.1 with root.

scary alien likes this.
  3. TheLGFan

TheLGFan Newbie

Thank u for your answer. I have the lg g4 stylus h635 version , its free for all cariers. Its the european version of the lg g stylo: V10b-EUR-XX. I am on android 5.0.2. Do you need the build number too ?

4. whoshotjr2006

nope, but we do need to know whether you have 2gb ram or 1gb. its a gsm device right? not cdma?

if its a 2gb ram device, then i think you may be able to follow the h631/ms631 instructions for installing twrp and updating that way, but im not sure since i have the ls770 (boost mobile) variant and things are different for it.

NeoZiggy and scary alien like this.
  5. TheLGFan

TheLGFan Newbie

Yes its the gsm version with 1g of ram

6. whoshotjr2006

Well that throws a wrench in things then lol. I didn't know there was a gsm version with one gb ram. I don't want you to end up flashing the wrong thing.

Private message 6th_hokage and see if he can help, he's done quite a bit to help support the boost variant with the same configuration except it's CDMA instead of gsm.

edit: also you may want to try redownloading the LG one click root zip on another windows pc and re running it. you may have gotten a bad download.

#6 whoshotjr2006, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    Jack Mickey and TheLGFan like this.
  7. TheLGFan

TheLGFan Newbie

What a coincidence ,
    Today i got the 5.1.1 update and i will try it out. I hope the new root for 5.1.1 will work

6th_Hokage and whoshotjr2006 like this.
  8. 6th_Hokage

6th_Hokage Android Enthusiast

5.1.1 will be easier to root with my manual method or the newer one click method by draken. But before you try to root if 5.1.1 goes through you should pull the unedited system.img cause then you be able to reflash it if things go bad and others with your carrier can too

9. Jason Gómez

Jason Gómez Lurker

hi!! i have this phone too (LG G4 Stylus h635) but i still in 5.0.2, i can't root my device, and i don't know how to unlocke the boot looder... I need help please, i'm desperate! I also try everything (kingroot, LG one click to root,etc) please help :3

10. kingroot work with lg h635 in 5.0.2

11. TMacgnolia

TMacgnolia Well-Known Member

Guys if you do not have to "Enable OEM unlock" in "Developer options" then you can try booting to fastboot mode by using the "adb reboot bootloader" command and then use the "fastboot oem u lock" command. But this will factory reset your device ao be prepared to lose all your data and apps. You can also use "fastboot flash name_of_recovery.img" or "fastboot boot name_of_recovery.img" to get a custom recovery without root and then flash the SuperSU.zip by Chainfire to root. More details here in my guide.

Jack Mickey likes this.
  12. Bro i have 3 answer:
    What "enable OEM unlock" do?
    Why this option appear only in the mm 6.0 version (not in 5.0.2)
    Why if i use "adb reboot bootloader" my phone reboot only
    P.s. i have an lg g4 stylus (h635) european version of lg g stylo (1g ram g storage LTE)
    Thanks for help

13. TMacgnolia

TMacgnolia Well-Known Member

The "enable OEM unlock" is also in the 5.1.1 Official ROM for T-Mobile US and Metro PCS US variants of the LG G Stylo. I am not sure if it is in the Boost Mobile and sprint varints of the LG G Stylo as I have not read up omn them and do not have one. But if this option is not in developer options of your device and adb reboot bootloader just reboots the device then it sounds like the bootloader of your device is locked and is not ment to be unlocked by the OEM. It was probably requested by the Carrier but I thought european variants were not carrier locked so this is kinda baffling to me. Try adb reboot fastboot and see if you get to fastboot mode that way.

14. jakman

jakman Newbie

I have a LG Stylo LG-H634 with Cricket as the carrier. I DO have "enable OEM unlock" switch. What do I do now?

Thanks in advance!!

15. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

Nothing, you can't unlock the bootloader that switch is superficial on the CDMA variants

16. jakman

jakman Newbie

CDMA variant?? Specs show I have both CDMA and GSM

17. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

But you're on a CDMA network that's what I meant. Only Metro and TMobile have unlockable bootloaders. Are you on 5.1? I think you can safely root the cricket variant on 5.1 but no bootloader unlock

jakman likes this.
  18. jakman

jakman Newbie

I see what you mean Blu...I am already rooted...I just wanted to know if I could unlock the bootloader to tinker more. Thanks!!

Blu8 likes this.
  19. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

No it sucks for you guys not having unlockable bootloaders

20. ghet2rockuu

ghet2rockuu Android Enthusiast

21. Joe Morrison

Joe Morrison Newbie

I don't have this phone but I do have the TMO/Metro phone. Found this just diggin around today. Check it out and let me know if it helped you guys.

**mod temp removed link**

#21 Joe Morrison, May 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  22. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

That looks extremely fake to me, especially because of what's right under the bootloader unlock bit

23. Joe Morrison

Joe Morrison Newbie

idk man...my bootloader is unlocked. just trying to help these others out a bit...worth a try for sure.

24. AP2FTW

AP2FTW Android Enthusiast

lol i aint clickin on that

25. Joe Morrison

Joe Morrison Newbie

lmao...aight then. Up to the phone owners to give it a whirl or not. I wish I had a cdma device caise then id try it. AINT SKEERED!

LG G Stylo Forum

The LG G Stylo release date was May 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1/2GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2015
Release Date
Reviews
Tags: