• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlock via the optical joystick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any way to add an option to use the optical joystick on the Dinc to unlock the lockscreen?

I also have an HTC Aria that is rooted with the Liberate Rom and that is one of the "features" added. As both Liberate and Virtuous are similar as Sense Roms with "light" mods, I'm hoping this is easy or perhaps already available?

/BD :cool:

ROM Manager -> Download ROM -> Ihtfp69 -> Goodies for 2.2+ -> Download
(ROM Addones screen pops up)
Select Optical Joystick Wake
Hit OK

Let ROM Manager do it's thing.

Sometimes I have to press the joystick twice to get it to unlock (seems to miss the keypress sometimes), but in general it works well.

Upvote 0
ROM Manager -> Download ROM -> Ihtfp69 -> Goodies for 2.2+ -> Download
(ROM Addones screen pops up)
Select Optical Joystick Wake
Hit OK

Let ROM Manager do it's thing.

Sometimes I have to press the joystick twice to get it to unlock (seems to miss the keypress sometimes), but in general it works well.
... and this will work fine on Virtuous 3.0.1 ?

Just being cautious as I (finally) have my Dinc as I like it... Thanks!

Upvote 0
... and this will work fine on Virtuous 3.0.1 ?

Just being cautious as I (finally) have my Dinc as I like it... Thanks!

Sadly; now need to remove this... :(

Works "sometimes", like maybe 25% of the time. Not good enough ///

Here's hoping that rmk decides to add this code into the standard Virtuous Rom with the next update (or real soon now) .

Appreciate the suggestion though... thanks for the idea ///

Upvote 0
Seriously, there is less than 2 pages of post and you couldn't search?

http://androidforums.com/virtuous/188588-optical-keypad-wakeup.html

At any rate, it is well known that the low percentage of time the optical button actually wakes up the phone is not a percentage at all. It is keyed entirely to whether they phone is truly asleep. If the phone is plugged in and off, the optical button is reported to still work.

No ROM cooker has been able to crack this on 2.2 (even though it worked on 2.1 on the same hardware).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones