• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unlock Wildfire?

I ordered my code seven days ago - none of the companies here could find one but left Mobile Unlocked to continue trying each day. I received the phone as an upgrade on Orange but it's now been a week and there's still no news. Anyone know roughly how long I could be waiting for a code with a brand new handset?

Also, used HTCSimUnlock. They couldn't find a code, I asked for a refund which they emailed to say they had provided, but Paypal said otherwise. So I have now lodged a dispute with Paypal. So in my experience, they seem to be crooks!

guys for all devices locked on one network operator...plzzzz refer to your network operator for the unlock code,,,it may provide for u or not,,this depend on them only,,,,any other sites,resources for unlock a HTC device may cause a losing warranty....

Upvote 0
guys for all devices locked on one network operator...plzzzz refer to your network operator for the unlock code,,,it may provide for u or not,,this depend on them only,,,,any other sites,resources for unlock a HTC device may cause a losing warranty....

Most operators won't provide an unlock code without payment and/or a wait period of a certain time frame. The only warranty you will lose is carrier warranty, which won't matter since you'll be using a different carrier anyway and the manufacturer warranty remains intact.

Upvote 0
Its sad to see that people have gotten ripped off by htcsimunlock - it looks like other people have agreed with you, they got a 1/5 starts here - Mobile Phone Unlocking Services Reviews and Ratings at Review Centre

There are legitimate businesses providing unlocking services, please take a look at the other sites in the list above and choose one with a good rating. This phone can be unlocked and if it can't be for whatever reason they should apologize, and your money should be refunded.

Upvote 0
mobileunlocked.co.uk is a terrible service, didn't get the code to unlock my handset and now they are trying to keep my payment.

Used HTC SIM Unlock | Unlock ANY HTC phone with our genuine HTC unlock codes. Money Back Guarantee! as well, although they were able to unlock the handset, they provided a no queries refund.

Yeah right, they are full of sh*t! And anyone who says these unlocking companies work are clearly the crooks themselves, trying to steal our money. None of them work, so just go to your network provider and request an unlock.

Upvote 0
Ok....I don't want to sound like a moron...but my HTC Wildfire does not have a sim card. AT&T bought out our Alltel here and I had to switch over to one of their phones (so I got the HTC Aria).

Anyways, I want to sell my Wildfire as I used it for less than 4 months, so it's nearly brand new.

I want to get it unlocked. It's a CDMA phone. I have tried entering *#06#, but it does NOTHING. Under the battery are only MEID HEX:, MEID DEC:, and S/N: Nothing else.

How do I find out what the IMEI is?

Upvote 0
Hi I just got an HTC wildfire yesterday on a Virgin contract, but I want to use my t-mobile sim in it, having a contract, will this make any difference to geting it unlocked? I have tried the T-mobile sim in the phone but as I figured it didnt work, but it didnt prompt me for an unlock code, all i got was unrecognised sim please contact customer services dept.

Upvote 0
after reading this thread I paid 20.99 to mobileunlocked.co.uk and my three locked wildfire is now happily running with a vodafone sim in it

took about 25 minutes

very happy with the results though the three logo still appears when turning the phone on. i guess a flash will sort this out but i'm not that fussed

i'm not a phone geek so wasnt registered here but thought i would just to give confirm it works and mobileunlocked were great

Upvote 0
Yeah right, they are full of sh*t! And anyone who says these unlocking companies work are clearly the crooks themselves, trying to steal our money. None of them work, so just go to your network provider and request an unlock.

That's simply not true. Some of them are scams and some aren't, that's the point of this thread. MobileUnlocked.co.uk worked for me and it seems for most other people.

Upvote 0
MobileUnlocked.co.uk are scamers. All the posts you see here are fake. Don't trust them. They stole my money - why they wouldn't steel your! JUST DON'T DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THEM.

Perhaps you could elaborate on why you say this? Given that there are plenty of people, myself included, who have had no problems with their service at all. What happened?

Upvote 0
Perhaps you could elaborate on why you say this? Given that there are plenty of people, myself included, who have had no problems with their service at all. What happened?

First of all: I don't believe you and never will.

What happened? I payed them, they couldn't provide me with a code, and then they kept the money. Sent them million emials, yet they ignore me. Many people had my experience, look around. MOBILEUNLOCKED IS SCAM, DONT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. THEY ARE THIEVES.

Upvote 0
I have had nothing but trouble with HTCSimUnlock.com. They couldn't get an unlock code for my wildfire as the fone was too new? On their Website it states that in the event they cannot get an unlock code for your device they will issue an Immediate refund? I paid with Paypal, and I have had to escalate a claim with Paypal as HTCSimUnlock.com have not refunded! YET, they say they have??? BUT nothing has been sent back to Paypal!!

A bunch of Rogues

Upvote 0
After reading many threads I decided to try Unlock HTC Phones for $13.49 | HTC Unlocking Codes to Free Your HTC Phone to unlock my Wildfire.
I applied for an unlock code on the 01st August and received an e mail from them advising that they were unable to find a code to unlock my Wildfire.
I was offered a deep search ( more money ) which I declined and asked for a refund.
I received a further e mail 10 minutes later telling me that my money had been refunded.
On the 04th August the money was taken from my bank account.
Today is the 10th, no refund, despite sending three e mails.
All you get in return is an automated spam like e mail and a promise somebody will contact you within 24 hours. Big Joke.
All I can say is AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.

Upvote 0
I just tried HTCSimUnlock.com for a new Wildfire S. They seemed cheap.
They could not find a code and I was offered a Deep Search. I accepted the offer and received the code in about 10 minutes.
All in all I payed about $25 for the code wich seems acceptable as my locked phone was EUR 70 cheaper than an unlocked phone.
I do have the impression that everyone who uses HTCSimUnlock.com is offered this Deep Search.....

Now I have to get rid of the Vodafone splash screen which seems more difficult n this phone.....

Upvote 0
Can I suggest anyone wanting to unlock their phone have a look on ebay.

There are several providers on there that allow you to check whether they have an unlock code for your phone before you buy by putting in the IMEI code.

Had my unlock code e-mailed withing hours - no messing

Upvote 0
Just to let you guys know, HTCsimUnlock.com unlocked my Wildfire with no problems.
buyer beware HTCsimUnlock.com is a scam
from Pay Pal

Resolution of Your Case: #PP-001-xxx-xxx-xxx

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear RYeates,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favour.

We were able to recover $16.19 USD, and this amount has been credited to you. Please allow five working days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to recover the balance from the seller.

[FONT=&quot]If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account privileges[/FONT]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones