• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlocked AT&T ZTE Z830 not working in Europe

A

Android Question

I recently purchased outright an AT&T Compel Z830 Go Phone in the US. I am within good standing in my contract with AT&T and have already met my contract agreement. The phone is a quad band GSM and LTE 4G capable phone. I called AT&T support to give me the unlock code so that I can use it in Europe. They provided me the code and when I entered the code the phone seemed to unlock when I put in the non-AT&T sim. When I checked the Mobile Network settings I have the availble settings for teh GSM/WCDMA which was prefered by the T-Mobile carrier. i have selected that setting but the phone fails to find the network automatically and if I choose T-mobile carrier the phone still does not have signal to register on the network. Any suggestions?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones