• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlocked bootload and CM10

Man, that makes this very frustrating. It sounds like CM10 is fully booting up then, but we can't see the screen. :( . I'm going to keep looking for a better copy of the drivers to see if I can integrate them.

On Linux, do you get any device listed when you run "lsusb"?

lusb shows the device.

I found to get the computer to recognize the lucid, you have to wipe data/ factory reset from recovery every time you want to use adb, because after a few minutes of booting, usb debugging gets disabled by the OS.

here is a logcat and dmesg (from right before the device disappears from adb)

Upvote 0
lusb shows the device.

I found to get the computer to recognize the lucid, you have to wipe data/ factory reset from recovery every time you want to use adb, because after a few minutes of booting, usb debugging gets disabled by the OS.

here is a logcat and dmesg (from right before the device disappears from adb)
Ok, this is going to be a strange question, but does anyone have a MHL (micro-usb to hdmi) adapter that they can try out? The dmesg is showing that HDMI is booting up normal and I'm wondering if we can get video output through it to see how far the phone is getting.

Upvote 0
Ok, this is going to be a strange question, but does anyone have a MHL (micro-usb to hdmi) adapter that they can try out? The dmesg is showing that HDMI is booting up normal and I'm wondering if we can get video output through it to see how far the phone is getting.

Try this instead:
http://code.google.com/p/androidscreencast/

Reactions: Neph81
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Very interesting. I can see my phone screen, so this should in theory work for the lucid. Anyone want to give this a try? And the touch screen drivers do initialize, so you should be able to use touch commands with this.

I can get keyboard controls to work after doing this on my optimus M:

adb shell
su
chmod 777 /data/dalvik-cache
cd /data/dalvik-cache
chmod 777 ./

Edit: not sure how you will be able to grant SU permissions if you have to touch the screen...so you will have to mount /data and /system while in recovery and run those commands

Upvote 0
Kernel 4c is done. I've added in a few lines so that ADB "should" be persistent through boot and into the system. I've also compiled another kernel image in an attempt to get the video drivers working.

http://androidfiles.massivefilehost.com/lucid/lucid_kernel_beta4c.zip

4c doesn't boot :/

screencast works until adb disconnects but all i see is the bootanimation before it disconects.

random question. in the logcat it shows as booting cm10, but the bootanimation is from a stock rom, should it be that way?

Upvote 0
4c doesn't boot :/

screencast works until adb disconnects but all i see is the bootanimation before it disconects.

random question. in the logcat it shows as booting cm10, but the bootanimation is from a stock rom, should it be that way?
I'm trying to rule out image resolution sizes. The boot images were all sized at 720X1280, so I replaced them with the stock ones to rule out that possibility of being an issue. I'll rebuild 4a with the persistent adb and post that one in a moment.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to rule out image resolution sizes. The boot images were all sized at 720X1280, so I replaced them with the stock ones to rule out that possibility of being an issue. I'll rebuild 4a with the persistent adb and post that one in a moment.

It doesn't really matter what bootanimation you use, it will still boot even if there is none. Unless a locked bootloader thinks otherwise, which I kind of doubt.

Upvote 0
Im trying to test this but i cant get it to flash. I dont have an sd card and CWM wont recognize the internal storage where the rom is located. I is there any way I can CWM to recognize it? Thanks in advance.
That would be a question for Koush. I haven't taken apart the lucid CWM, but in most cases, you have to specify the partitions in the fstab file. On my Atrix, which also has internal memory, I could not get it to find backups, even thou it would save to the internal memory if I chose backup from inside Rom Manger.

Upvote 0
Sorry for all of the questions but How would I edit the fstab file? Like where is it located?
Inside the CWM images ramdisk. This probably isn't something that a beginner should edit as a wrong edit could lead to a bricked phone. I would honestly try and get ahold of Koush (the author of CWM and CWM recovery) and ask if he can fix it or possibly tell you how to use it with a menu you haven't seen.

Upvote 0
I don't know why I didn't think about this earlier. Can someone on stock ICS please provide me the file you get when you do "adb pull /proc/config.gz" . This should be the correct config needed to get ICS to boot and should tell me if I'm even trying to use the correct LG display drivers.

here is the config

Upvote 0
I don't know why I didn't think about this earlier. Can someone on stock ICS please provide me the file you get when you do "adb pull /proc/config.gz" . This should be the correct config needed to get ICS to boot and should tell me if I'm even trying to use the correct LG display drivers.

Here: config.gz - MediaFire

Edit: saxydroid beat me to it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones