1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unlocked Bootloader, why not more activity?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xmguy1, Dec 26, 2013.

1. xmguy1

xmguy1 Well-Known Member

The Commando 4G has an unlocked boot loader...however such little activity compared to high end phones. I'm shocked we don't have ways to flash the phone back to stock much like Samsung and Motorola do with official FW....For a phone with descent specs and now 4.1.2 I'm a bit shocked.

2. rjglenn

rjglenn Android Enthusiast

You are correct. Samsung has Odin and Motorola has RSD lite. Other than physical damage there is almost nothing you can do to those phones that you can't fix.

Sadly none of these factory tools exist in the wild except for the 410 initialization tool and that causes more problems than it solves for our US VZW phones, and you still have to get into recovery to run that.

The lack of support is troubling and I don't think that will change.

3. xmguy1

xmguy1 Well-Known Member

Yep I've had loads of Motrola phones and used RSD alot as well as ODIN on my Galaxy S4. But that lacking is a big downer for this phone. With a stock image/flash file not much you couldn't do to restore one.

4. unitypunk

unitypunk Android Enthusiast

lack of sales. new device. we need to go to XDA and make them make us a forum, that will spark interest in the dev community there, which is where 90% of all android dev comes from. hang tight!

5. xmguy1

xmguy1 Well-Known Member

6. Doctoror

Doctoror Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because of
    Source: MSM8960 Info, Architecture and Bootloader(s)

rjglenn likes this.
  7. unitypunk

unitypunk Android Enthusiast

interesting!

i thought the point of android was to opensource the phone industry... HA

Casio G'Zone Commando 4G LTE Forum

The Casio G'Zone Commando 4G LTE release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1460mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews