• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlocked Dream/G1 on ATT

My SpeedTest Results may seem "outrageous" to you, Nick, but they are factual, and unlike you, who when asked to back up your claims respond with viscious personal attacks and childish schoolyard bully techniques, I actually back up my claims with factual evidence.

Below is a screenshot of the Speedtest History on my G1, and there you and everyone can see clearly my T-Mobile 3G speed test results of 914/134 (rounded from 913.5/133.6) on March 10. Below that on the same day, you can also see the Wi-Fi results I posted.

xl0cn7.jpg

Upvote 0
My SpeedTest Results may seem "outrageous" to you, Nick, but they are factual, and unlike you, who when asked to back up your claims respond with viscious personal attacks and childish schoolyard bully techniques, I actually back up my claims with factual evidence.

Below is a screenshot of the Speedtest History on my G1, and there you and everyone can see clearly my T-Mobile 3G speed test results of 914/134 (rounded from 913.5/133.6) on March 10. Below that on the same day, you can also see the Wi-Fi results I posted.

right there, what you are saying is no worse then what i said. but good for you about your speedtest, im happy for you.

Upvote 0
Ok guys. Look. Let me show you how this went.

nick: it seems as good in my area.
webby: I seriously doubt it. Here are my results.
nick: I said in my area.
webby: Post your results.
<six hours pass>
webby: I said post results. You're being outragous, how dare you!
<yet another six hours pass>
nick: damn dude, I don't sit on these forums waiting for replies. Get a life and pull the stick outa your butt.
webby: you're being childish, and mounting attacks.
nick: I didn't make my comment to have someone jump down my throat.
webby: you're attacking me viciously and using schoolyard tactics. Here are my results.
nick: good for you.

Wow guys, really?

....Look. You're probably well past the point of being nice to each other or even seeing the other persons point of view. So I can't very well ask you two to hug and make up. But I can ask you to recognize what options you're left with and salvage the situation.

a) nick, post speed results for the sake of comparison and be done with it
b) both of you just friggin' drop it and move on, or
c) continue to battle it out despite my request for you both to relax - until I or a mod locks this thread. (since you're doing such a great service to the OP) And then possibly even spilling your tension over to another thread continuing and this crap until someone gets banned.

I vote for b.

Upvote 0
Ok guys. Look. Let me show you how this went.

nick: it seems as good in my area.
webby: I seriously doubt it. Here are my results.
nick: I said in my area.
webby: Post your results.
<six hours pass>
webby: I said post results. You're being outragous, how dare you!
<yet another six hours pass>
nick: damn dude, I don't sit on these forums waiting for replies. Get a life and pull the stick outa your butt.
webby: you're being childish, and mounting attacks.
nick: I didn't make my comment to have someone jump down my throat.
webby: you're attacking me viciously and using schoolyard tactics. Here are my results.
nick: good for you.

Wow guys, really?

....Look. You're probably well past the point of being nice to each other or even seeing the other persons point of view. So I can't very well ask you two to hug and make up. But I can ask you to recognize what options you're left with and salvage the situation.

a) nick, post speed results for the sake of comparison and be done with it
b) both of you just friggin' drop it and move on, or
c) continue to battle it out despite my request for you both to relax - until I or a mod locks this thread. (since you're doing such a great service to the OP) And then possibly even spilling your tension over to another thread continuing and this crap until someone gets banned.

I vote for b.

b is fine with me. im not trying to be a jackass, i just dont respect someone who demands me to do something. he thinks he is being all "civil" when he's really not.

Upvote 0
Good, that's three votes for b. Majority rules.

So, are we at an agreement that the phone at least works on at&t for all data services? I believe that was the original question. Although, it's been a couple days and the OP may have already made the decision.

the phone works on edge, it wont work on 3G. it does however access the app market and can download paid apps. i can also get OTA updates through the ATT service.

and what i was originally trying to say is that the phone on ATT's edge is not all that bad. its definitely still useful and even though its on another service, all of the features can be used except for 3G.

Upvote 0
so for now ... we at least know that G1 on 3G are faster than an iPhone on ATT ...

Just have to find some folks with Unlock G1's on ATT for comparison ...

on my iphone the 3G was pretty speedy, so im not sure if if 3G on T-Mobile is faster then ATT because T-Mobile is still establishing the network because they've only had 3G for a little while.

Upvote 0
on my iphone the 3G was pretty speedy, so im not sure if if 3G on T-Mobile is faster then ATT because T-Mobile is still establishing the network because they've only had 3G for a little while.

In my comparisions with many iPhone friends ... my browser on 3G always won ... that is my only source of comparision and one friend with a Palm on Sprint ... beat her's too

Upvote 0
In my comparisions with many iPhone friends ... my browser on 3G always won ... that is my only source of comparision and one friend with a Palm on Sprint ... beat her's too

A friend and I, who has a Treo on Sprint 3G, recently for fun, did a side by side speed comparison test, Treo on Sprint 3G vs G1 on T-Mobile 3G. The result was the same that you had -- the G1 won out, not by a lot, but it definitely had a slight edge. The Treo did give the G1 a good run, LOL.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones