• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unlocked Galaxy APN/Network Operator help needed.

1. GT-I5700
2. Firmware 1.5
3. Baseband I5700XXIl2
4. Kernel 2.6.27
5. Build number cupcake.xxila

I'm in the U.S. and recently bought an unlocked Galaxy Spica/Lite/Portal. I love the phone but Droid is not as intuitive as I thought it would be. Since it's not one of their phones Centennial Wireless can't help me. Samsung is also useless and has had me calling everyone from Singapore to the UK. All I need to know is why does it not detect the Centennial Wireless network but detects the AT&T and 310030 roaming network. Also when I enter and save the Centennial APN settings manually the network operator search finds the same results. I'm sure it's a simple oversight on my part. I figured out PC studio and Kies on my own, but my phone is pretty bricked unless I can fix this. I'm a newb, so please be civil. Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones