1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Unlocked Galaxy S2 and AT&T

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Member707373, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Member707373

Member707373 Guest
    None
    I did some digging around, but I really just wanted a definitive answer or some solid advice about whether or not this phone below is going to work 100% with AT&T?

I have the unlimited data plan (grandfathered in) and want to make sure this phone with work with AT&T all together, but most importantly their 4G.

ht tp: //ww w.logicbuy.com/deals/samsung-galaxy-s-2-smartphone/31666.as px (can't post links.. just fix the spaces)

Thanks

Advertisement

2. 3waygeek

3waygeek Well-Known Member
    None

May 8, 2011
    Assuming it's the international version that's been on the gray market for a while, it should work OK on AT&T. I've been using one on AT&T since May. It will work with AT&T's HSPA+ network, but not the LTE network that they're in the process of rolling out. When I can get a HSPA+ connection, I've seen download speeds up in the 7-to-7.5 Mbps range.

You mention an unlimited data plan -- is that the $30 smartphone personal plan (billing code DPPB)? If so, you can upgrade to a 4G unlimited data plan (billing code HSDPPB) for the same price. You'll need to give them the IMEI from one of their 4G phones, as their systems don't recognize the gray market SGS2 as being an eligible device. Google "HSDPPB" if you want details -- I haven't done this yet, but am considering it.

justabrake likes this.
  3. Member707373

Member707373 Guest
    None
    Will the S2 coming out for AT&T support 4G LTE?

I'm not really sure what plan it is (not the account holder), just that it's the unlimited plan they stopped doing a while ago. I don't mind upgrading in order to get access to 4G, though.

Thanks again

4. Jahmakan

Jahmakan Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 17, 2010
    There have been no announced LTE phones by att as yet. The GS2 is strictly 21 Mbps HSPA/UMTS/EDGE on att. Comes out Sunday.