1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unlocked/Rooted/Alien ROM atrix need to flash back to stock.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by breeezzz, Sep 14, 2011.

1. breeezzz

breeezzz Lurker

Hi! This morning my girlfriend received the OTA GB updated for her bell atrix. Now, i've been having a few issues with the bugs in Alien ROM (although I mostly love it) and I would love to go back and try the new version that was released.

The problem is, I flashed the phone over a month ago, and i'm not super tech-savvy and I don't really remember everything I learned. I remember people saying that I should flash back to the stock ROM, and do the update from there. As with everyone else, I do not want to brick my phone, so I was wondering if anyone could point me in the correct direction in order to downgrade my phone properly so I can safely do the OTA GB update.

Thanks a lot everyone - I hope I was concise enough to make sense.

Advertisement

2. breeezzz

breeezzz Lurker

Over 110 views and no one can point me in the right direction? ):

3. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye

You said you are unlocked, do you mean the bootloader or the sim card/carrier lock?

If you unlocked your bootloader, then as far as I know is not possible to go back to stock to perform the OTA update.

Also which ROM exactly did you install? Can you provide a link so I can look more into what gets done...

Ok ignore what I last said, after further reading, what you want to do can brick the phone if done done wrong, but it looks like it can be done, maybe. I found a lot of info here [WARNING] Hard Brick with Official 4.5.91 Update - xda-developers for the AT&T Atrix but nothing for Bell. I hate to point you at XDA, but that is going to be you best bet to find anything.

And since you are unlocked, you should already know the stuff here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1136261 but I recommend going back