1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unlocked T989 S2, not working on T-Mobile?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ZLiNk, Apr 17, 2012.

1. ZLiNk

ZLiNk Lurker

Hi, I'm looking for the Samsung Galaxy S2 and cause I use T-mobile I know I'll have to get the T989 if I want the 3G/4G networks to work. I also travel a lot so I was looking for the phone unlocked in Ebay and I found some of them that they're supposedly unlocked, but they clarify that the phones DOES NOT work with T-mobile. So how can be like that? I mean if it's a T-mobile phone why doesn't it work with T-mobile networks? Does it mean if you unlock your t-mobile device it won't work with T-mobile network again?? it leaves me very confused. If I just get a T-Mobile Galaxy s2 that is not unlocked and I ask for the code to T-mobile so then I unlock the phone, will I be able to use T-mobile again?. I have seen some videos on youtube that you can get your unlock code just straight from T-Mobile, is really that easy? I know it sounds kind of stupid, but I want to be sure before spending +$400

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. leeintl

leeintl Lurker

The phone was probably reported as stolen and the IMEI was putted on the BLACKLIST by Tmobile. This is why a TMobile branded phone does not work on Tmobile network.

Samsung Galaxy T989 are very expensive phones and this is one of the few phones TMobile will disable the IMEI if reported lost or stolen. Buyers should be aware of buying such phones on Craigslist or Ebay.

3. WillieB

WillieB Lurker

My T-mobile T989 is unlocked, and works fine on T-mobile.

-WillieB

4. alextop30

alextop30 Android Expert

I'd go with leeintl for this one if someone stole the phone and tried selling it on eBay there is a good chance that the IMEI is burned and you cannot use it o T-Mobile. If you want to buy the phone under contract with T-Mobile after a month they will not have a problem giving you the unlock code I did it with my phone. If you however buy a locked phone and you want to unlocked without having a contact they will not provide the code I think.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews