1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unlocked Verizon S5, trying to use it on a German carrier, having some problems with messaging...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MEDEL514, Oct 19, 2014.

1. MEDEL514

MEDEL514 Lurker

So far, everything seems to work great on this unlocked US Verizon phone on the German carrier T-mobile.de, but I'm having some problems with messaging. When I get a text from someone and go to immediately reply to it, I get the "failed" to send message. The only way I can rend a reply is to go into my contacts folder, go to the contact, hit the envelope (message) icon which takes me back to the message, then I am able to reply to the original message.

It's pretty strange that I have to go through my contacts to reply, but I can't reply directly to the incoming text. Does anyone have any idea whats going on?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MEDEL514

MEDEL514 Lurker

Here's a quick screen shot of what I'm dealing with, it shows the reply that didn't go through, and the two that did because I had to go through the contact first.

[​IMG]

3. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

That is very strange, I do not recall reading of this issue before.

The first thing that comes to my mind is wondering if all of your carrier settings are correct?

When you first registered your phone on the .DE carrier, did you just plug in their sim card, or were you working with one of their tech support folks and they helped you to register the phone?

I have on two occassions had to contact Verizon's tech support and they helped me manually setup my phone's NAM settings. This of course meant that I was using a 2nd phone to talk with them while physically making the changes that they gave to me.

In my particular case, this was because at the time I was registering a phone, I was "out of area" and in Roaming Mode and therefore the phone could not access a Verizon tower so that VZW's server could automatically program the phone.

That possibly could be your case as you are "out of area" by virtue of being in Germany instead of the USA.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews