• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unlocked X10 Vodafone no calls or messages!! HELP!!!

o2 suggested i update to the 2.1 android. if that doesnt work i will send it to the seller for a replacement. they are not in the"stealing and selling" business so they dont have a problem with replacements or refunds :)
Did you ring Vodafone directly to ask them? I'd be willing to bet the phone is barred so would have already returned it. If debranding didn't help updating to 2.1 isn't going to help either. The seller may have bought the phone in good faith, but that doesn't mean the handset hasn't be barred, I could sell my phone tomorrow, get insurance on Monday, and report it lost or stolen next week.

Upvote 0
Well lets hope that you get a kosher replacement cos it sounds a bit dodgy to me. Any seller worth their salt would test the units before selling them, how hard is it to stick a sim in a supposedly unlocked phone and make a test call and send a text!?

Did you pay with paypal cos at least that gives you a bit of reassurance.

Upvote 0
yeap i always use paypal. i check some sites and they said it wasnt blocked but i found a site used and preffered by ebay and it said it was blocked in the uk. its not a private seller its a whole company and the guys said the have no problem in replacing it. have in mind that blocking a handset may occur from days to months after normal use..

Upvote 0
i check some sites and they said it wasnt blocked
But you also asked here and was told it was, which you've now confirmed.

have in mind that blocking a handset may occur from days to months after normal use..
I think you'll find it will happen within the hour! Like I said before I could sell my phone tommorow, insure it Monday and report stolen next week which means whoever I sold my phone to will be out of pocket next week, and I'll have had their money and got a new phone in the process. But that person who buys my phone tomorrow might sell it Wednesday as working as they don't expect me to report it lost or stolen, which is obviously what has happened here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones