• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unlocked X10 Vodafone no calls or messages!! HELP!!!

kalosbas

Oct 28, 2010
Ok im getting pretty crazy. The phone is completely unlocked i can access all menus with no problem but as soon as i make a call it says "Call ended" and messages remain unsent with a red exclamation mark. No messages or calls can be received either. I've tried 2 different sim cards with different providers and on both cases the signal is full but the same problem persists.
I need help guys seriously!!
cheers

No dont root it (rooting is a way to gain super user access to the phone like administrator access on Windows)

Unlocked means you can use any sim card not that you cant access anything on the phone.

Not sure if it will be on SE's site or Vodafone but you should be able to enter the codes so the phone locks onto the signal from Voda and use it too. Sony used to "push" the setting for any network to any of their phones via their website

I'm currently using a Galaxy that has a slight change to the options menu but press the bottom left hard key and the settings-wireless & networks and this is where you should find the settings to change if some one is kind and on Voda they might go into more details as I'm kinda stuck in helping at this point :)

Reactions: kalosbas
Upvote 0
it says vodafone. that means its not unlocked then? but my sims "worked" just fine..
No. Your phone might be sim unlocked but if it says Vodafone then it's not debranded. You say the other sims "worked fine" but yet you still have the same issue, it doesn't say anywhere on the ebay add about it being blocked or barred does it? Not quite sure what to suggest, I could talk you through debranding properly to see if that helps?

Upvote 0
Its sounds to me that your phone has been blocked! Eg: "blacklisted". Carriers normally do this when a phone has been reported stolen.

Does it come up with your provider in the notification bar?

On the old SE phones, it never came up the provider, it would come up 'inactive sim' - i had a problem once buying a blacklisted phone on ebay.

Best thing to do is contact vodafone, give them the imei number, and ask them if they have blocked it for whatever reason! Thats what i done, they confirmed they had blocked it. So i reported the seller to ebay and got a full refund.

Bad news: vodafone will NOT unblock the phone. Even if you can prove you brought it in good faith. And unblocking it in the uk is illegall.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Upvote 0
+1. Which is why I'd check the ebay listing to see what it says, it might not mention anything but it does sound like it may have been barred, so give Vodafone a ring as suggested to find out if has been, otherwise nothing being suggested here is going to work.

i have double checked and the phone is not blocked. also tried your 5 part root but failed. the java console kept having errors so i dropped it. dunno what else to do.. SUCH A NICE PHONE DUDE!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones