1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unlocking an HTC Legend for use in the US

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by morphomercedes, Aug 17, 2010.

1. morphomercedes

Hello,

I'm looking into buying an HTC Legend and unlocking it so that I may use it in the US and was wondering if this is at all possible. I'll be working there for the next few months and would like a phone that I can use with a US carrier while in the US and with a Canadian carrier when I return. With that said, I'm interested in buying the phone upfront because I don't want a contract. Any help is much appreciated!

2. lue42

lue42 Newbie

The point of unlocking a phone is so that it can be used anywhere.

If your phone is already unlocked, all you need to do is bring your phone to a phone store and buy a simcard (sometimes the cards are free) and then get a pay-as-you-go service.

Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Lue42

morphomercedes likes this.
  3. morphomercedes

That makes perfect sense. I know it seems obvious, but I'm kind of clueless when it comes to this sort of thing (thus the dumb question). Thank you!

4. lue42

lue42 Newbie

No dumb questions, only dumb....nevermind... :D

5. tuck

tuck Lurker

Hi,
    I am pretty new to the andriod phone. I have this questions.

If I am able to unlock the htc Legend on Android

6. marclh

marclh Lurker

No, when you unlock the phone to be used on any carrier, it is permanent. Even though full erases.

HTC Legend Forum

The HTC Legend release date was March 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 384GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

March 2010
Release Date
Reviews