1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unlocking and boot problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by seelts, Apr 22, 2012.

1. seelts

seelts Lurker

Hi

Actualy, I can unlock my MoPho.
    The problem is that it happens not in the same way as it discribed in manuals.
    And I think that this is the reason of my boot issues.

The manuals say that I should
    - flash derpunlock.sbf
    - moto-fastboot oem unlock
    - moto-fastboot oem unlock <ID>

What I have:
    I'm flashing derpunlock.sbf. This process runs extremely fast for me! May be about 5 seconds, not longer. As I can remember, I've read that it should take about a minute or so.
    OK, may be I'm lucky with such speed, but! Then, when I'm rebooting my phone, I already have "Unlocked" label in the top-left corner of the screen. Seems like I don't need to run moto-fastboot commands.
    Anyway I'm running these commands. Surely, my phone stays unlocked.

This situation wouldn't bother me, if I can boot/reboot my phone normaly.
    The problem is that after unlocking the bootloader in such way I can't power on the phone at first time.
    I mean every time I'm [re]booting. Not only immediately after unlocking.
    I always need to pull the battery and try to power on again.
    Sometimes I need to do it 3-5 times, sometimes 30-40, before the phone will "rise".

Now, if I flash back to the stock sbf, I'll get fully working phone. I mean, it boots at first time. No problems with it.

In the earliest unocking manuals I've saw the link to the full sbf with unlocked bootloader, but I can't find this file now. I think that the problem is that my bootloader is not flashing correctly with derpunlock.sbf. So, may be someone has this full sbf?

Anyway, I'm not the MoPho guru, and I would be very grateful for any help.

Thanks in advance,

Ilya

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Motorola Photon 4G Forum

The Motorola Photon 4G release date was August 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2011
Release Date
Reviews