• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unlocking and boot problems

seelts

Lurker
Apr 22, 2012
Hi

Actualy, I can unlock my MoPho.
The problem is that it happens not in the same way as it discribed in manuals.
And I think that this is the reason of my boot issues.

The manuals say that I should
- flash derpunlock.sbf
- moto-fastboot oem unlock
- moto-fastboot oem unlock <ID>

What I have:
I'm flashing derpunlock.sbf. This process runs extremely fast for me! May be about 5 seconds, not longer. As I can remember, I've read that it should take about a minute or so.
OK, may be I'm lucky with such speed, but! Then, when I'm rebooting my phone, I already have "Unlocked" label in the top-left corner of the screen. Seems like I don't need to run moto-fastboot commands.
Anyway I'm running these commands. Surely, my phone stays unlocked.

This situation wouldn't bother me, if I can boot/reboot my phone normaly.
The problem is that after unlocking the bootloader in such way I can't power on the phone at first time.
I mean every time I'm [re]booting. Not only immediately after unlocking.
I always need to pull the battery and try to power on again.
Sometimes I need to do it 3-5 times, sometimes 30-40, before the phone will "rise".

Now, if I flash back to the stock sbf, I'll get fully working phone. I mean, it boots at first time. No problems with it.

In the earliest unocking manuals I've saw the link to the full sbf with unlocked bootloader, but I can't find this file now. I think that the problem is that my bootloader is not flashing correctly with derpunlock.sbf. So, may be someone has this full sbf?

Anyway, I'm not the MoPho guru, and I would be very grateful for any help.

Thanks in advance,

Ilya

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones