1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support unlocking Bell S2 for Telus network?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kiiat, Jul 21, 2011.

1. kiiat

kiiat Member
    None

Jul 1, 2011
    I'm currently with Telus but Bell Mobility just released the Samsung Galaxy S2 on their network today.

They're selling it for $599 no contract but I'm wondering: if I I buy this phone, can I somehow get it unlocked to work on the Telus network? I currently have the HTC Desire HD on the Telus network.

If this is possible, how hard (or easy?) is it to unlock a Bell phone?

thanks in advance to anyone who can provide some insight.

Advertisement

2. 2face-MazE

2face-MazE Lurker
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    bumpy bump

would love to know as well, i'm willing to work on the gs2 with rooting and such things, as it'll be my first android device. but i'm completely unaware of how unlocking with these devices will work or if at all necessary. i'd rather buy a bell one since i can get it a heck of a lot sooner than an ebay/vanilla purchase. kinda crappy though, no NFC. was looking forward to playing with that tech..

i am also on telus!

3. steslatt

steslatt Android Expert
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    Male
    Design Engineer
    Manchester
  4. kiiat

kiiat Member
    None

Jul 1, 2011
    i just got back from the local mall and was playing with their live demo of the S2. GORGEOUS phone; gave me a total geek boner. the screen is incredible, the camera and picture quality is amazing.

unfortunately, the sales person said you can't buy the phone outright (boohoo) but you have to sign up with no-contract and pay the full price of the phone. i've read of people signing up, then cancelling 1 wk later and working some magic to unlock the phone.

anyway, i'm debating on getting the phone from an online store i saw on here (expansis.ca) which comes unlocked. i think i read a thread that one of the users on this forum did that, popped in his telus sim card and it worked, no problem. if you were to buy from expansis.ca, total cost is $684.46 all in (incl. taxes/S&H etc etc)

i'm sooo wanting this phone.....