1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

unlocking code - how many times

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wheelz99, Jan 18, 2020.

1. wheelz99

wheelz99 Lurker

I have given my 85-year old father a Samsung tablet A 10.1 (2019) as he wanted this. He is new to tablets and a bit scared of codes. He is afraid that he might lock himself out of the tablet. What happens if you keep on trying to get in your tablet with a wrong code? We have the code so not lost of forgotten. I just want to reassure him what would happen if he keeps on typing it in wrong. I have informed him that he can have a word. It's not the number it is what happens if I have tried X many times. I have been using smart phones and a tablet for a long time, but I actually don't know as this would not happen so I never had a reason to think about this. Does anyone know? Just for clarity it is just tehe pincode to unlock the access to the tablet.

#1 wheelz99, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    racibennett likes this.
  2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

He's 85, why even bother with a pin code? In the security settings just choose none instead of the pin.
    Unless of course he's in need of it.
    Too many failed attempts will lock him out of course

puppykickr and ocnbrze like this.
  3. wheelz99

wheelz99 Lurker

It needs to be locked. He needs to do online banking on it. Believe me I would not have put it on. Why is he so scared. My 82 year old mother also has a tablet and has no such fear.

racibennett likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 release date was April 2019. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Exynos 7904 processor, and 6150mAh battery.

April 2019
Release Date
Reviews