• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlocking... Does imei or meid lead back to Data Done Right?

robles4242

Sep 14, 2014
USA
Virgin says Data Done Right version of Volt cannot be unlocked, but i told they i have a regulr Volt and all they wanted was a MEID or IMEI number and they can unlock it no questions asked.

My question is, by that number can they tell if it is origionally a DDR phone? Because I can use the Z3.tot stock file and put regular firmware on the phone like ive done a million times so far.... When I do that the DDR dosent kick in until ive updated to like Z5 and upload my profile a couple times. The ItsOn service dosent kick in until then. So i think i can keep it regular if it wasnt reading from a DDR sim....

I just hope the imei or meid cant tell them it is a DDR phone.... of it does, can i write my old LG volts IMEI to this phone if need be?

I would LOVE an unlocked LG volt... i need to get off virgin mobile and i want straight talk.

Sorry answer, yes. It is the identification of the phone. They have a database of those numbers and can tell everything from its source to how long it has been activated and with who.

As for cloning your other volt to it, that's technically illegal, I don't know how to do it, and I don't think discussion of it would be permitted here.

Why not use just use the other phone?

Upvote 0
The other phone is broken.... The black piece that the battery makes contact with and has the 4 prongs for power broke. I let someone try to fix it and they made it beyond repair able. So i got another volt and didnt know at the time the DDR was different and got stuck with it..... Well then I broke my DDR screen so i took the screen out of that volt and put it on this DDR phone.... So the origional Volt is just in pieces and unusable.

I guess i should try looking for another one for sale that i can just unlock.

Upvote 0
Whats the closest phone feature wise to a LG Volt that i could use on verizon towers? The Sprint service is bad around here..... I want the IR sensor, a screen ATLEAST as big as the volt, and the it has to be able to be ROOTED, accept SD upto 32Gig + and the Cameras Mega Pixels (front and rear with flash).... ?

Upvote 0
bg4m3r - There is damage to the board on the regular volt.... where that black piece was held onto my idiot neighbor thought super glue was a good alternative to solder (face palm) So i cannot get the battery to make ANY contact and its quite the fudged up mess.
Wow, just wow, that sucks. If you have the capacity to fix it correctly, nail polish remover will get rid of the super glue.

The G2 mini would be comparable to the Volt.

Upvote 0
I actually pulled the glue last night. Do you know where i can buy the black plastic rectangle with the 4 prongs? The terminals on the board look but i took 4 pieces of metal and connected circuit between the batery and board and it started to light up like it was operable. But i didnt want to steal that piece from my working phone incase something were to go wrong and then destroyed another phone and got stuck with nothing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have been looking at "Unlocked" LG G2's. I know youve tried to mention it to me before, but i dont understand it fully. IF i get an UNLOCKED (any phone) What Base brand do i want it to be so i can put a Straight Talk SIM in and use their VERIZON towers? I dont understand how those SIMS work, Like if its a T-Mobile phone, I will still be using T-Mobile towers? And the only thing "straight Talk" about it would just be im using "Straight Talk" for their (billing and payment. and their plan at their price) but, But i Stay on the original "unlocked" phones (T-Mo, or AT&t, or Verizon, or waht evdr its branded ect..) ?

I saw the G2 i was looking at had:
Network Technology: GSM
Band: GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 (Quadband) HSPA/UMTS 850/1900/2100 LTE 1/2/4/5/7/17

The main problem is SPRINT/V-MO service is HORRIBLE in my area, Everyone with Verizon has super good reception, and thats what im after, Straight Talks prices and data, using Verizon towers!!

Upvote 0
I see where it says you can bring phones. I know if i look at a straight talk phone on the shelf there is a BLUE USA map for verizon, and a RED sprint map. I want the Blue Verizon map,

Im looking to buy RIGHT NOW a phone, of course i can get a phone i dont "want" want with a sim right off the shelf or i can buy a used g2 or g2 mini. Which one is the best?

Ive been thinking g2. I found many "Unlocked" g2, would i want the Verizon unlocked phone, or what?

Or what model of g2 offers GSM/cdma/ ect (all the works) bands?

I dont want to buy something that i cant do waht i want with and waste money chasing other options again..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones