1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

unlocking htc wildfire

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by wheelygood, Jun 18, 2011.

1. wheelygood

wheelygood Lurker
    None

Jun 18, 2011
    hi just brought htc wildfire on 3 network and need it unlocked does anybody know if this can be done just took it some where and they couldnt do it []

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums!

There are different ways to unlock a phone. One is to unlock it from the carrier so you can put a different carrier's sim in it and it will work on their network. The other is to unlock the bootloader so you can root and flash custom software to the phone. The folks who'd know that best are the people who root their phones. You can hook up in the All Things Root section of the Wildfire forum. Hopefully they'll have an answer for you.

3. donna170171

donna170171 Lurker
    None

Jul 12, 2011
    i am the sam just got a htc wildfire s on contract but need it unlocking i have taken it to shops and they said they cant do it for another 3 weeks. Has anyone done this recently and can help me..
    :thinking:

4. myhuzbanwntlev

None

Feb 4, 2012

if you are trying to unlock your htc wildfire (pattern)

i have been trying over and over again finally got it to unlock

go to menu/ settings/ security/ setup up screen lock/ put in your code /as if you are unlocking your phone then choose none=disable screen unlock security and your phone is now unlock

5. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hello and welcome to Android forums. It's nice of you to try to help the above users but they have likely resolved their problems or moved on by now. The last message date was July last year. I would like to invite you to check out the Wildfire S area here at AF. You might enjoy the information and friendly users of the S. Here is a link: HTC Wildfire S - Android Forums