• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unlocking i1 if possible

Got a problem.

I have a Motorola i1 (Nextel) that I am not using, I have a friend who uses SouthernLinc, he wants my phone. He doesn't have a TON of disposable funs, so I am giving it to him.

Is there a way to Unlock this phone so it will accept SouthernLinc Sim cards? I can deal with the MMS, SMS and Web settings.

Advice?

I'm about to go through this issue myself. My old I1 is being repurposed as a cheap phone for overseas use. Tomorrow I'll call Boost and see if they will be willing to part with the unlock code for this phone. I've already had to do this for an AT&T phone, and since it was over two years old, they happily divulged the information I needed and voila - one unlocked Sony Xperia X10a, at my disposal. Here's hoping Boost is just as accommodating.

We'll see what happens... :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones