1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Unlocking phones

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Astatine, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Astatine

Astatine Lurker

Hi all, this is my first post on these forums.

I have the ability to make a lot of money by buying locked phones and selling them as un-locked phones.
    How easy are androids to unlock?
    I am looking to unlock the newest phones, on par with the S4 and phones of that nature

Advertisement

2. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender

Well the thing is

If the phone is currently under contract (seeing as how you mentioned the newer phones), there's a law against unlocking phones.

If it's not, I'm not 100% sure on that however.

Topics on how to unlock phones though is pretty much a subject we really can't speak of here at AF unfortunately.

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Probably depends what country you're in. Are you in the United States? Because there's legal issues there with unlocking phones, when they're still subject to contract. And we can't help you with that here.

Brian706, ocnbrze and Astatine like this.
  4. Astatine

Astatine Lurker

To both of you, yes I am aware of the law congress passed but I will be buying the phones in the US and actually unlocking them in another, making about $200 per phone.

Thanks for your help though guys. I google the F outta this. Dang laws!!!

5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

hey guys,
    so i closed this thread up because this is something we do not condone here in AF. if it is not unlocked by a carrier then it is illegal in the US to have a gsm phone unlocked by an individual.

i hope you understand and any questions please feel free to hit me up with a pm.

thanx,
    ocnbrze