• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlocking Samsung J3 Luna Pro to GSM

skybox

Lurker
Apr 16, 2018
Hi all

Looking for some help with a Samsung J3 Luna Pro that I bought in the US when I was there for 6 months. Bought the phone at Walmart with Straighttalk as my carrier. Topped up every month for 6 months. I am now back home in Ireland and used a service called sim-unlock.net to generate an unlock code. The problem is that when I try to input the code, I'm expecting a special unlock window to appear (per the instructions which were given to me by sim-unlock.net) but this does not appear. Reaching out to their customer service, I am advised to switch the settings of the phone to GSM only but I am unable to do this in the menu. Settings -> Connections -> Mobile Networks -> Network mode. I'm expecting to see GSM listed here as an available setting but it is not.

Appreciate any ideas that can help to resolve.

Thanks

Reactions: thunek

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones