• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlocking 'Screen Lock' Option

PetRock123

Lurker
Sep 28, 2017
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. I had a bit of an issue with setting the screen lock.

At some point today I noticed that my original pattern wasn't working (or my muscle memory was off). I used my google account to unlock my phone. However, I couldn't set the screen lock option back to pattern, despite trying multiple times to set one. Each time I entered a pattern, it then asked for a pin, but after entering them both the screen lock option is still set on swipe.

Now, I don't know what I did, but now if I try to set the screen lock option, I get asked for a pin, and the one I used before doesn't work. And since the current option is set to swipe, I can't enter a pattern or password incorrectly until I get a prompt to use my Google Account.

I'd appreciate any help on the matter.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones