• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help unlocking Shine Plus without non Telus sim

I bought an unlock code from www.cellunlocker.net cause I was going on a trip to Cuba and thought if I could find cheap prepaid sims there it would be nice. Turned out they didn't send the code until after I left, plus there were no sim cards for sale on the island anyways.

So I still want to unlock it since I paid for the code, but I don't have a non Telus sim card to put in, which is the procedure cellunlocker.net lists for "most LG phones" and they don't list one for the Shine plus. Nobody I know has a non Telus phone with a sim card for me to insert to use the code to unlock. Anyone know of another procedure to access the unlock code input screen?

Thanks.

Hey 350Rocket,

Sorry to hear about the timing issues with getting the phone unlocked.. I know how you feel, and trusting Telus with long distance charges is a dance with the devil!

I've unlocked my phone using the service provided by MobileXpressCanada.com, Fast Canadian Unlock Codes., and everything seems to be working fine for me. My method seems to be different than yours, so I must warn you to use my method with caution. From what I understand, if the wrong combination or process is done a certain number of times, you may lose the ability to unlock your phone (phone or sim gets hard-locked I believe).

Here's what I did:

1- Power phone on with accepted SIM card
2- Select the dial pad
3- Dial 2945#*710# and press send
4- Dial network unlock code at prompt
5- Select unlock

After that it should say something like, "phone is not personalized", and every subsequent entering of 2945#*710# will show that message as well.

After that you should be free to plop in any other sim card (tested mine with an active Roger's SIM and it works perfectly).

I hope that helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones