1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

unlocking sim

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ethan_the_axolotl, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Ethan_the_axolotl

how would I unlock my sim card on my j3 emerge I do have it rooted and what not It is a boost mobile phone any idea?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

By "unlock" do you mean that you've actually locked the SIM (e.g. by entering a SIM PIN incorrectly too often), or unlock the phone so that it can use a different provider's SIM (often referred to as "SIM unlocking" but is actually unlocking the phone rather than unlocking the SIM card)?

If it's the first, you'll need to speak to the provider to get your unlock code (PUK). The SIM is always the provider's responsibility.

If it's the second, which I think is what you mean, the usual way would be to get an unlock code from the original provider while you are still their customer (they've no obligation if you are not their customer). There are people who offer unlocking services, the trick is finding someone reliable. Some phones have other tricks you can use (which vary between phones, and do not always involve root), but I don't know about the J3.

3. Ethan_the_axolotl

unlocking it for a different provider I got this phone from a pawn shop

Galaxy J3(2017) Forum

The Galaxy J3(2017) release date was July 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 7570 Quad processor, and 2400mAh battery.

July 2017
Release Date
Reviews