1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Unlocking the droid x horizontally instead of veritcally

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jwarren_4, May 1, 2011.

1. jwarren_4

jwarren_4 Lurker
    None

May 1, 2011
    I recently downloaded the htc theme on my droid x phone. I had it set to where it showed up horizontally whenever I went to unlock it but now it only doesn't vertically. Does anyone know how to change it where it will unlock horizontally? Also, is there a way to remove the "shortcut indicator" on the bottom of the screen. I know how to remove the shortcut, but was wanting to remove the shortcut indicator as well. Thanks for any help.

Advertisement

2. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    Sense theme? Are you running a custom ROM, or an app like Widget Locker?

3. jwarren_4

jwarren_4 Lurker
    None

May 1, 2011
    I just want to be able to unlock my screen in landscape mode instead of portrait. I recently had it set that way, but not for sure how I set it.

4. chmodx

chmodx Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 31, 2010
    Answer his question, it'll help us help you. Is it widget locker or a custom rom?

5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    The thing is that there is no sense custom theme that I know of. Moved to root for organizational purposes.

6. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    Right, but outside of rooting or "apping", I'm not aware of any other way to monkey with the lock screen, let alone putting sense on in the conventional meaning. Either the OP is mistaken about having sense on his X, or will fill in the missing info

7. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    i know when developing the themes they have the landscape unlock icons, yet they are never activated....
    and i will be honest i dont think they can be activated.
    i have done alot just now to see if they can be activated. i know with ADW EX it doesnt allow it. i had it set in landscape mode, and it still goes to portrait for unlocking.

why do you want it in landscape mode anyway?

and yes are you on a rom?
    or
    WidgetLocker?

8. VoidedSaint

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    my guess is he installed ADW or LauncherPro and installed a theme from them.
    if thats the case i dont know how to get the landscape lockscreens, nor do i understand why you would want them. i dont think adw does it. and not to sure about launcher pro

9. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    As far as I know, home replacements don't replace lock screens. For whatever reason, it seems like the apps are built for one or the other. Maybe someone should write one that covers both?

10. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    I haven't used LPP in a while, but ADW doesn't have that option. The only portrait v landscape options they offer are for rotating your phone while looking at your home screen, which you've already unlocked by then.

11. VoidedSaint

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    well i have never seen a landscape lockscreen
    so i dont see how it would work. but i may be wrong with this. hopefully he will respond, but as far as i know, there is no droid x rom that does landscape unlocking, because i have tried every single rom for the x

12. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    Looking through Widget Locker's options, I don't see any landscape options. Maybe OP has another app of small similar function? I'm pretty sure that WL isn't the game in town

13. VoidedSaint

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    well until he responds we wont know. hopefully he will soon so that we can assist him better

14. jwarren_4

jwarren_4 Lurker
    None

May 1, 2011
    I had downloaded GQ Launcher Theme. And I had set my icons and widgets up the way I wanted them and somehow the unlock screen was landscape and not portrait. The reason I wanted to find out was I saw where someone had designed an unlock landscape that I liked and wanted to download. I also have downloaded an ADW theme and none of them will allow the unlock screen to go to landscape. It's no big deal, I just wondered if there was any way I could set it up to unlock landscape since the phone auto rotates anyway from portrait to landscape depending on how you handle it. But I believe it was in landscape when I had on the GQ Launcher Theme.

15. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Perhaps you mean the GoLauncher theme? I'll move this out of root into support. This is not a root question.

16. VoidedSaint

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    adw doesnt support this feature, so you must go back to the previous launcher, if you want you should request this feature by email the dev and requesting it, though it may take some time to get a response

17. jwarren_4

jwarren_4 Lurker
    None

May 1, 2011
    I realized yesterday that it happened when I was using the GQ Launcher Theme. Thanks for the advice. Will try.