• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unmounted sd card in galaxy s4 !

randyfinn

Lurker
Dec 30, 2013
I have had my galaxy for a few months now with a 32 g sd card in it from the start . yesterday I got a notification that it was unmounted ..after removing and reinserting it ,restarting the phone but the problem continues, . I am not able to get to certain apps and games now. I don't really know what else to try, could someone help me out with this please ?:(

I have had my galaxy for a few months now with a 32 g sd card in it from the start . yesterday I got a notification that it was unmounted ..after removing and reinserting it ,restarting the phone but the problem continues, . I am not able to get to certain apps and games now. I don't really know what else to try, could someone help me out with this please ?:(

I had this issue after one of my refurbished replacements. I was given a few suggestions.

1. Take the card out and use a reader to see if your computer will read it OK. If it reads fine then that is a good sign for the card.

2. Back up everything on the card on your computer. Format the card with the computer (this will erase everything), and then drag everything back on the card.

3. Insert the card back in your phone and pull the battery, then reboot the phone.

If the card works fine, the issue is solved. If the issue comes back, it's the phone, go to your carrier or call them and get them to order a replacement under warranty.

I did all the above and found my card was good and the phone was bad.

Good luck!

Reactions: electricpete
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones