1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Unnecessary incompatible apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GoogleNexus, Apr 12, 2016.

1. GoogleNexus

GoogleNexus Newbie
    None

Apr 11, 2016
    Recently I found out my favorite game wasn't compatible with my 5X, while it was with an older outdated phone. I contacted their support email. This was their response:

So it seems they didn't mark the 5x as incompatible, it was done automatically.

This scares me, as a lot of apps might have this problem, while they actually are very compatible. Have you guys got familiar issues with incompatible apps?

Advertisement

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert
    None

Jan 11, 2013
    I haven't come across this issue. I thought the App store automatically filtered apps to only show things that are compatible - did you get the game from a different source?

Looks like the developer is going to fix the issue, though. May be worth pointing out to him that you have a 5X not a 6P, of course ;)

psionandy likes this.
  3. exninja

exninja Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 9, 2011
    AZ
    I think this may be similar with the Redbox app. No clue why the 5X can't support it but the 5 does.

4. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Oct 29, 2013
    Male
    SysAdmin
    Huntsville, AL
    That sounds more like the developers goofed when creating the manifest rather than Google "automatically ruling it out". The Play Store only enforces the App Manifest created by the developers, where they specify which devices, hardware specs, resolutions, etc, their app will work on.

KOLIO likes this.
  5. PattiCakeUS

PattiCakeUS Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Female
    Yep.
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
  6. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    It's perfectly safe,I do this with Bejeweled2,gotta get it from Amazon,it's been years since the Google Play Store version was compatible w/any of my phones,or tablets:
    The Google Play version won't even show up on an app search,unless you use desktop,or,the app My Paid Apps,that shows when you purchased apps from Google.

EDIT:IDK about method #1,I only trust Amazon & Apk Mirror (.com) & on occasion F-Droid,outside of the Google Play Store.

Tags: