• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unofficial 4G areas?

I can get a "good" signal close to my work in Henrico (East End Richmond),VA. Got pretty good "strong" signal in Short Pump, (far west end). I used Speedtest.net and had 2.4mbs download, can't remember upload. But I was pretty shocked when I checked to see if 4G was available. Coverage is spotty in the 2 areas I tested in. There one minute...gone the next. They must be doing test on the towers.

Upvote 0
I have seen 4G in Denver in the downtown area. Fastest speeds have been near Coors field @ 4.5mbps. I lose 4G north of I-70 on I-25. Much of the area has 4G signal, but it is not very fast. I am guessing that they have not finished with their testing and it has not been turned up yet.

I wonder if I can pick up a 4G signal while I am in Coors Field... Hmmm

Upvote 0
Here in Denver, I work across from the State Capitol building in another state office 4G is live. It's also live at Coors Field where the Colorado Rockies are playing...I go this from a friend of mine who works for Sprint who shall remain nameless. I didn't believe him at first but sure enough I have 4G. Now if I could only take a screen shot! A banner pops across the top of the screen stating "you have 4G connection"! Wow it's crazy fast.

Upvote 0
My first post as an Android user!

Eugene, OR. Intermittent contact in several areas of Eugene/Springfield. Averages about 2-2.5 mbps down, 1 mbps up. Signal usually doesn't hold very long. Sprint guy said we should be live in early June and they are just starting to bring stuff online. Can't wait for the full rollout.

iPhone convert, loving Android, will never go back. First post!

Upvote 0
My first post as an Android user!

Eugene, OR. Intermittent contact in several areas of Eugene/Springfield. Averages about 2-2.5 mbps down, 1 mbps up. Signal usually doesn't hold very long. Sprint guy said we should be live in early June and they are just starting to bring stuff online. Can't wait for the full rollout.

iPhone convert, loving Android, will never go back. First post!

Welcome To the ANDROID World ...

Upvote 0
Perhaps the OP can create a list in his original post, and keep appending it?

I heard that any city that has more than one cable company may have issues, as there is fighting over who owns the 4G pipe line (?). For example, Indianapolis has both Comcast and Brighthouse, so no 4G until they can play nice...

I don't claim to know what that means, or if it is true, but I read it on the Sprint Forums friday, just before the whole damn Sprint site went down.

Anyone live in a city with both Brighthouse and Comcast and you DO get 4G?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
They are not advertising it being available here in St. Louis, rather "coming soon", it is here but rumor has it they are not done working on it. According to my experiences with it, I believe this to be true.
I was getting almost 5mbps when I got the phone a little over a week ago, and there were several spots that I could get 4g. Then about 3-4 days ago, I notice I was still getting 4g icon on my phone, but the internet would time out and the phone would switch back to 3g. Now, my phone doesn't even show 4g in the same spots, so maybe they have it turned off while they work on it???

Who knows, I am just happy its already around town, and just seems to need some tweaking.

Saint Louis is very spotty. Even when I had 4G, I didn't get that blazing hot speed as advertised.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones