• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UNOFFICIAL][CAF][4.4.4] Omnirom Beta 2

I have the OmniROM 5.1 sources on my build machine. If I take your device and vendor trees in your second post and plug them in, will it compile? Or are those only for Android 4.4.4? I've been trying to use bad_MOFO_33's trees but the build keeps failing and it's really frustrating.

Use bad mofos sources but modify them like I did in my KitKat device tree if that makes sense. My trees are only for 4.4.4 but you can see what I did to the cm tree to get it to compile omni and apply that to the 12.1 trees.

Keep kernel and vendor the same as cm12.1 for now. All the modification you need to do right now is to the device tree.

Also start a new thread and upload your device tree there. I'll look at it tomorrow and try to help you get it compiling. I would tonight but its been a long 3 days and bedtime is near.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Probably choose pac for now unless you can deal with no dt2w and no Bluetooth on top of the other issues.
which rom has no d2tw? I noticed in your omni & pac device trees, that cmhw/org/cyanogenmod/hardware/TapToWake.java
differ pac is using lpwg_notify and omni is using touch_gesture
If doubletap2wake is working on both roms, than no need to worry about it

Reactions: whoshotjr2006
Upvote 0
which rom has no d2tw? I noticed in your omni & pac device trees, that cmhw/org/cyanogenmod/hardware/TapToWake.java

I couldn't for the life of me get it working on omnirom. It seems like the cmhw java addons don't exist in omni source but I'd have to check and make sure. I think dt2w is working in all the other roms but this since this is an aosp rom and the others are all cm based. Same with Bluetooth.

Nice catch in pac, its supposed to be touch_gesture as far as I can tell. I'll fix that tomorrow. Kind of weird that it works even with that being wrong.

Edit: i was wrong. I looked and its supposed to be lpwg_notify. I'll have to change it in omni source.

Edit 2: im wrong again. Pac and aokp will have to be changed. I'm not sure why its working with the wrong value there for those 2 roms.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bad_MOFO_33
Upvote 0

looks like i forgot to commit my changes for both pac and aokp for taptowake.java, i just pushed them and they should be current now. thanks for catching that, with all the rom jumping ive done lately i probably wouldnt have caught that too quick. turns out the fixes were already in the device trees locally, but now they are on github too.

Upvote 0
This is really great rom thanks for all your hard work making this phone more enjoyable and I was having trouble finding the option to disable the backlight, does this rom have the option?

Nope it doesn't. Theres no native toggle in omnirom to mess with button backlight settings, it would have to be hacked in from cyanogenmod which I have little interest in doing.

If you want, I could write you an init.d script to flash in recovery to disable the button backlights at boot. Lemme know and it would take about 5 minutes to do so.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones