• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Unofficial] EVO to get sense 2, Flip Clock, Skins, Etc

ImaYam

Sep 23, 2010
NYC
Heres some research thesis I put together to further draw hope for Evo owners like myself.

EVO to get: BB-style task switcher, flip clock, "disappearing" transitions, fast boot time..

Sense2 (as on Desire HD) running on Evo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_fExfBZfWY

All 2.2 dvices from HTC to get new sense
Rumor: New HTC Sense coming to all current HTC Froyo devices? | larsa | Androinica

Try it for yourself (not fulling working..NO cam, 4g, etc)
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Reactions: zombdroid
Sense is overated...MIUI FTW!

Overrated by whom? It's a matter of preference. I've used sense and I've used plain android (CM6 on my rooted hero to get 2.2), and I prefer sense. I bought beautiful widgets and a few other things, and while they are an acceptable replacement for sense, they just don't match the uniform look and feel of sense.

Upvote 0
I think all phone manufacturers should be required by the carrier to keep their phones current for at least 2 years. Since most contracts these days are 2 years, it seems like a good idea to me.

So when Android 3.0 comes along, I expect the EVO to be among the phones that receives it.

In 2012, say December, when Android 4.0 is released, HTC can then stop supporting the EVO with updates, and require an upgrade to the EVO2 or whatever.

If the world ends in December 0f 2012 however, I probably won't upgrade to the EVO2.

Reactions: iHeathen
Upvote 0
I think all phone manufacturers should be required by the carrier to keep their phones current for at least 2 years. Since most contracts these days are 2 years, it seems like a good idea to me.

So when Android 3.0 comes along, I expect the EVO to be among the phones that receives it.

In 2012, say December, when Android 4.0 is released, HTC can then stop supporting the EVO with updates, and require an upgrade to the EVO2 or whatever.

If the world ends in December 0f 2012 however, I probably won't upgrade to the EVO2.

Unreasonable in my opinion. How can they possibly know if the hardware will even handle the updates two years out? Plus, 99% of the users wouldn't even notice if they got updates.

P.S. I'll be bringing my Evo2 to the end of the world orgy.

Upvote 0
The devs will likely get Sense2 to us before HTC does...in any event, I would just wait until a dev incorporates Sense2 into a ROM and then just flash that.

And it will likely be broken just like it is in this video, at least for a while. HTC has done a heck of a job getting updates to this phone, and for the most part it's been just as beneficial to wait for the official updates than go through the hassle of rooting.

Upvote 0
I hate the flip clock. Absolutely hate it. It serves no functional purpose at all and I do not find it pleasant to look at. My old phone had it and often times when I would check my phone to find out if I'm late for something, for a split second I'd be happy, but then oh look it flipped to the real time and I'm late! What a clock tease.

Oh and since it was a windows mobile phone I especially liked when the animation lagged for a couple seconds before flipping.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones